Thai Bank Or Any Bank In Thailand View Retire.

Hello Everyone .

Im thinking of transfering a regular amout of money from aus to thai ,the reason is that i can show the documents at a another time for obtaining a vissa probably retirement or permanant stay.

But does it need to be a thai bank like farmers or bkk bank or can it be say citibank like the one in bkk .

Yes, it can be something like Citibank.

Not very useful though as they have only one branch in the country.

Better to use a major Thai bank, SCB, Kasikorn etc.

Also note that making many small deposits from overseas becomes very

expensive in terms of bank charges. It will cost you almost as much in charges to

transfer a hundred dollars as it would be to transfer fifty thousand.

Naka.

Should one take this to mean that the Thai banks don't have internet banking where you can simply move money from one bank to another? I was considering getting an account at a Thai bank and simply pay myself from my Band of America account as though it were a bill.

Do the Thai banks not use the a standard format for the routing number and account number?

Thanks

Brian

expensive in terms of bank charges. It will cost you almost as much in charges to

Naka.

Should one take this to mean that the Thai banks don't have internet banking where you can simply move money from one bank to another? I was considering getting an account at a Thai bank and simply pay myself from my Band of America account as though it were a bill.

Do the Thai banks not use the a standard format for the routing number and account number?

Thanks

Brian

Naka.

From a Thai bank to another by internet banking is possible.

You need to register the beneficiary account number in advance at your branch and wait until it gets into the system (around a week)

The problem with thai banks is that yes one can transfer funds of any amount in a few days but they also charge around 1000bht everytime someone transfers .

But if you have the same bank but in say australia and in thailand the tranfer fees do not apply ,which is very handy if are transfering funds every month.

thanks Kangeroo

Here is what I was getting at. I use Bank of America and pay all my bills via the internet for free. I was going to set my Thai bank account up as a monthly bill to be paid from my Bank of America account.

Anyone ever done this?

The problem with thai banks is that yes one can transfer funds of any amount in a few days but they also charge around 1000bht everytime someone transfers .

But if you have the same bank but in say australia and in thailand the tranfer fees do not apply ,which is very handy if are transfering funds every month.

thanks Kangeroo

I see, did this cost free transfer information come from someone in your bank ?

Very generous if correct.

Anyway, even if immigration said it must be a Thai bank (and I don't think so) it would be a simple matter

to transfer it to another local bank at a later date.

Naka.

hello Naka.

About citibank yes i have a account in australia the guy from there told me that as long as i transfer straight into a similar account in thai it is transfer fees free ,i checked it it out and he was right........... cause last year i paid a deposite for a room in a guest house into bkk bank in the account number they gave me and the bank charged me 1200 bht for a 6000 bht transfer ,even the thai girl at reception thought 200 bht would have been enough.

anyway cheers .

Here is what I was getting at. I use Bank of America and pay all my bills via the internet for free. I was going to set my Thai bank account up as a monthly bill to be paid from my Bank of America account.

Anyone ever done this?

This would be a ACH transfer. You can try it using the New York branch of the Bangkok Bank (and probably other Thai banks with US offices) which has a Federal Reserve Routing Number. Your results can be mixed. I have tried twice with BofA and once with another US bank. In all three cases, the validation transfer was done successfully, but the bank refused to make any real transfers saying the account must be in the US and they will not make ACH transfers that end up out of the country. Other posters seem to have no problem having BofA do this. Only difference I have been able to discern is their accounts are in different states then mine.

I have put it down to there is some women in charge in my state that had her husband leave her for a Thai woman. :o

TH

Kangaroo,

HSBC any good for you. Although only 1 in Thailand which is in BKK it will give you all the facilities you wish via the internet at a reasonable cost. HSBC inter bank tranfers are very reasonable.

Edited by gummy