New Sport For Thai Youngsters

ThaiPauly

On friday night we heard an almighty thud as a motorcy went down on the road outside my Wife's restaurant.

The two riders were luckily not injured ...but it could have been a lot worse.

Apparantly a car went past them and the bike was wacked with a big pole/stick, they also tried to get one of our waitresses but missed.

The lights on the car were out to avoid identification. This was about 1.30am.

Anybody else come accross this sort of "Late night fun" for drunk Thai guys?? :o

A lot of REALLY nasty things like this go on locally and have for years. Does anyone remember the Samurai Gang attacking young girls with swords a few years ago?

There is a reason why our hosts are so paranoid about crime. There are things happening all the time that never get reported in the press. :o

On friday night we heard an almighty thud as a motorcy went down on the road outside my Wife's restaurant.

The two riders were luckily not injured ...but it could have been a lot worse.

Apparantly a car went past them and the bike was wacked with a big pole/stick, they also tried to get one of our waitresses but missed.

The lights on the car were out to avoid identification. This was about 1.30am.

Anybody else come accross this sort of "Late night fun" for drunk Thai guys?? :o

I never seen any thing live but saw a video clip what shocked me, Please take a look all as this is unbelivable. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/167564/thail...s_as_baseballs/

A lot of REALLY nasty things like this go on locally and have for years. Does anyone remember the Samurai Gang attacking young girls with swords a few years ago?

There is a reason why our hosts are so paranoid about crime. There are things happening all the time that never get reported in the press. :o

The Samurai Gang is still around, with news reports of them slashing people and forcing motorcycles to crash at the Mae Jo intersection on the super hiway a couple of years ago. I remember hearing about them when I first came here in 1986. I remember 'them' saying things like that they were mostly kids of rich or influencial families.. One thing I remember being told was, 'Don't worry, they never attack farangs'. That still seems to be true.... Anyway, since they've been around so long, they must get new kids involved, too.

And, when these kind of things happen, they mostly seem to cover it in the Thai news pretty completely, but not much in the limited English press...

I never seen any thing live but saw a video clip what shocked me, Please take a look all as this is unbelivable. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/167564/thail...s_as_baseballs/

Lousy tape because they don't show anyone actually getting hit... Years ago in Songkhla, I witnessed the police using sticks to stop people who refused to stop at checkpoints. I remember feeling glad that they conked a few people. It was pretty wild, late at night, when the kids would come with their loudest bikes and race up and down the street until dawn... They could have shot them, as they do here...

Edited by Ajarn

When the Samurai gang was in the newspapers a lot a few years ago, some of my competitors hired a simular gang to attack my first shop when I was sleeping upstairs in the middle of the night. Something like 20 young guys bashed the big metal sign into iron toothpicks with metal pipes and then tried to rip off the metal garage doors while I frantically called my police buddies.

Luckily they got there quickly as those garage doors didn't seem nearly as solid with all those creeps beating on them.

I put the sign back up the next day! :o

I've become quite good freinds with the police who we hired to solve the problem. They protect Dignitaries all over SEA and the Royal family when they are in town. They warned the people who were bothering me and the problem stopped.

I've become quite good freinds with the police who we hired to solve the problem. They protect Dignitaries all over SEA and the Royal family when they are in town. They warned the people who were bothering me and the problem stopped.

I'm sure they "made them an offer they couldn't refuse"..

post-31110-1179667514_thumb.jpg

My only bad experiance was late one night two young Thai guys on a Motorbike tried to knock me and the wife into the Klong by cutting in front of us a banging the brakes on. Luckily after sliding sideways speedway style we managed to stay upright. The Thai guys thought it was highly amusing laughing as they rode away..........until i caught up with them :o