Police, Thief, 2 Bystanders Killed In Clash

george

i live here and its seems fine to me better than london and manchester anyway very quiet and the local people are very nice

Well, that's good.

I have on more occasions than i can count picked up people injured and killed in fights in that exact area (and several times during that experienced some hairy situation myself).

'Dalat Thai' is well known for being a very rough place. Closed to 'Dalat Thai' is 'Nava Nakhorn' - an industrial development zone privately owned - and an urban nightmare right out of a science fiction novel. Regular gang fights and shoot outs, mostly populated by rural migrants.

If you around on the streets in that area at night, in the entertainment areas, the lower class Mu Bans, the slums and the migrant living quarters - then you will see very soon that the Nationmaster statistics are not far from reality.

Hi - what do you do then - some kind of aid work or whatever? - Just interested. It's strange to me in Bangkok how a lot of aggro seems to be caused by uncountry workers but actually in Isaan myself I see very little problems - only farm boys etc 'scrapping' at country fairs etc. Obviously there are murders etc but it still isn't as bad as right here 'Hulme' in Manchester. I could leave this door right now and get killed a lot more easily than I could back in Buriram. What changes when these guys go live in Bangkok?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live here and its seems fine to me better than london and manchester anyway very quiet and the local people are very nice

Well, that's good.

I have on more occasions than i can count picked up people injured and killed in fights in that exact area (and several times during that experienced some hairy situation myself).

'Dalat Thai' is well known for being a very rough place. Closed to 'Dalat Thai' is 'Nava Nakhorn' - an industrial development zone privately owned - and an urban nightmare right out of a science fiction novel. Regular gang fights and shoot outs, mostly populated by rural migrants.

If you around on the streets in that area at night, in the entertainment areas, the lower class Mu Bans, the slums and the migrant living quarters - then you will see very soon that the Nationmaster statistics are not far from reality.

Hi - what do you do then - some kind of aid work or whatever? - Just interested. It's strange to me in Bangkok how a lot of aggro seems to be caused by uncountry workers but actually in Isaan myself I see very little problems - only farm boys etc 'scrapping' at country fairs etc. Obviously there are murders etc but it still isn't as bad as right here 'Hulme' in Manchester. I could leave this door right now and get killed a lot more easily than I could back in Buriram. What changes when these guys go live in Bangkok?

Lack of social safety net and social structure. High cost of living. Crappy crowded living conditions. Low wages and poor working conditions. Few prospects for improving their lives. Stress. Plus a good helping of booze and drugs.

Try living on B60,000 a year in Bangkok and see how you feel. Most farangs around here act like B100,000 per month is borderline poverty.