Thaksin Lost His Passport

davidgtr

From SMH

Meanwhile, Thaksin lost his passport, foreign currency worth $8,700 and a video camera when a thief stole his bag at a fast food restaurant in Moscow, his spokesman said on Friday.

The bag was stolen before Thaksin was to receive an honorary doctorate degree from Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics, said the spokesman, who declined to be identified.

"The handbag with his Thai passport and UK visa in it was stolen," the spokesman said.

"It was carried by a Thai policeman who travelled with him. A former prime minister like him won't have to carry his own bag," said the spokesman, denying Thai newspaper reports the belongings were worth more than 1 million baht ($30,600).

Foreign Ministry spokesman Piriya Khempon confirmed that Thaksin's passport had been stolen and said that the Thai embassy in Moscow had issued him a temporary travel document.

Firstly, this is a far cry from initial reports (passport, important docs & 1.2 million baht). Who knows which to believe? Hmmm, Mr T looking to save face now???

Secondly, I know I'm going to get it in the neck from a certain member & his crew, but I have to do this:

:D:D:bah::bah::o:o:D

What sort of an idiot takes anything valuable to a Mc Donald's? Love it! ;):D