Thai E-Visa - Application for Non-B in London (documentation questions)

Hi folks,

I have a couple of questions. I am running into two issues with the e-visa application. The receiving embassy will be in London, and the application is for a non-B based on employment. The job starts on 16th August and I have an approval letter (WP3).

First issue:

When starting the application it started as a non-B and then asked for purpose of visit. I selected Employment. I then had to input employment details on page 2 (I input my current UK employer), and then I had to state whether I am currently employed in Thailand. I selected no, and it came up with the message but did not necessarily stop me from proceeding to the next page:

This Type of visa does not match your purpose of visit

Why would it state this? I am applying for a non-B to work in thailand, it is just that my contract has not yet started. Since I need to land and finalise my work permit etc... I cannot find any other option relating to employment. Even if I put my Thai employers details in the "Employment Details" section it would not change my answer to the "Are you currently employed in Thailand question", since that would still be no. Seems odd?

Second issue:

On the e-visa website, if you go to the information page for Business/Investor visas there are two different document requirement lists for the category "Employment/ Working in Thailand" with no mention what the difference is apart from a hint the second may be related to internships. Then the annoying part is that the document requirements listed there are different to what the actual application is asking me for on the last page. I am being asked for:

1. Biodata page of passport
  2. Photo
  3. Declaration
  4. Business regisration and business license
  5. Company profile
  6. Letter confirming employment (there is no mention as to whether you need to also affix your contract here...?)
  7. ID of the signer of the above letter
  8. WP3
  9. Confirmation of legal residence in the country I am applying (I guess just my passport....?)
  10. Financial info

This does not match what the info page says, nor does it really match the documents my employer sent. My employer sent a lot more docs on financials, VAT, shareholders, list of foreign employees, my contract, uni certificate etc. That matches more closely to what is on the information page. However, the list above does match what the London thai embassy website says will be requested. So maybe it is customised based on embassy? Has anyone applied for a non-B based on employment and not had to submit all those docs?

Apologies for the long post, it would be awesome to hear from anyone who has applied and had similar experiences!

Cheers.

LMX

Edited by lmxcredt
additional info

There are several reasons to get a non-b visa. The one you want is for is for working here and the other is for those that want to travel to here. You made a mistake when you entered the name of the company you are working for in the UK.

There is more info here on the embassy website that may help you.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

3. Not sure what the declaration letter is unless that is a a letter inviting you to work for the company.

6. Contract is not needed.

9. You passport photo page again.

10. That is a bank statement showing the equivalent of at least 20k baht that is required for a visa application and to enter the country.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are several reasons to get a non-b visa. The one you want is for is for working here and the other is for those that want to travel to here. You made a mistake when you entered the name of the company you are working for in the UK.

There is more info here on the embassy website that may help you.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

3. Not sure what the declaration letter is unless that is a a letter inviting you to work for the company.

6. Contract is not needed.

9. You passport photo page again.

10. That is a bank statement showing the equivalent of at least 20k baht that is required for a visa application and to enter the country.

Thanks a lot for your response I really appreciate it.

So when it asks for my employment details after my passport information I am supposed to put my future Thai employer? That still doesn't really impact the error message I was getting since the question asked "Are you currently working in Thailand?" for which my answer was no (since my current, soon to be former employer) is in the UK and I currently live here. Then I get the "This Type of visa does not match your purpose of visit" message. But surely a non-B based on employment is the correct visa for someone who is not yet working for the company but has a contract signed and will move there to begin work? I have the letter of approval from the MoL in hand, but technically my contract states I do not start work until 16th. I might ring the embassy about this to check. 

The declaration letter was just a simple signature on a form they linked essentially agreeing all the info I submit is accurate.

Appreciate all the other info, thanks!

Edited by lmxcredt
Further explanation.