Us Citizen Going To Oz To Apply For Non-immigrant Visa

I'm currently on a VOA and will be running out of my 90 days soon enough. I'm wondering if I, as a US citizen, can head to Australia to get a multiple-entry non Immigrant visa. It makes sense that I can get it from any country but I just want to be 100% certain before booking my flight.

(I understand that applying in the US, Europe, or Australia is my best chance of receiving the visa. However, going to Australia is cheaper and faster than going back to the US)

As I'm under 40, unmarried with no Thai children, do not work in Thailand, this visa class seems to be my only option for staying an Thailand for 3-4 consecutive months. I've got about 20 VOA stamps for Thailand in my passport from the last couple of years but now, out of necessity, wish to go the visa route.

Any advice?

I'm currently on a VOA and will be running out of my 90 days soon enough. I'm wondering if I, as a US citizen, can head to Australia to get a multiple-entry non Immigrant visa. It makes sense that I can get it from any country but I just want to be 100% certain before booking my flight.

(I understand that applying in the US, Europe, or Australia is my best chance of receiving the visa. However, going to Australia is cheaper and faster than going back to the US)

As I'm under 40, unmarried with no Thai children, do not work in Thailand, this visa class seems to be my only option for staying an Thailand for 3-4 consecutive months. I've got about 20 VOA stamps for Thailand in my passport from the last couple of years but now, out of necessity, wish to go the visa route.

Any advice?

By VOA, I assume you mean you will have used your 90 days of 180 for "visa exempt entry"?

Not sure, but i don't know if you will get a Non-immi "O" visa under the circumstances.

I would think you should be able to get a tourist visa that is good for 60 days and that could be extended for 30 days though.

I get my non-imm 'o' multi entry from Brisbane... mine is based on marriage/support. They are particular about having the appropriate documents though. Not sure if your circumstances would qualify you.

They do issue double 60 day tourist visas as well, requiring a exit from the country for the second 60 days.

Do Thai consulates and the embassy in Australia issue non-imms to Americans? Yes

Do you state any reason in your OP for them to give you one? No

You aren't just given a visa because you want one. You must qualify.

<I got mine from Perth last October ... very fast turn around>

Edited by jdinasia

I get my non-imm 'o' multi entry from Brisbane... mine is based on marriage/support. They are particular about having the appropriate documents though. Not sure if your circumstances would qualify you.

They do issue double 60 day tourist visas as well, requiring a exit from the country for the second 60 days.

Hi RasiMike,

A double 60 day tourist visa ? i never heard about.... i think i missed something...?

Can you give me some more information about it please as i can learn something new ? Like fee, once or twice extention possibility, etc...

Thanks in advance

PS : Does Brisbane have "THE EASIEST" consulate in Australie ?

Do Thai consulates and the embassy in Australia issue non-imms to Americans? Yes

Hi,

You didn't mention WHICH visa you applied for in Perth and on WHICH base ?

=> This could be very interesting information for others...

Thanks

PS : Is Thai consulate in Perth OK ?

Hi,

Thanks

Non-imm multi-B .... they would have as easily issued me a non-imm-multi-o (I had documentation for both)

They were awesome ta the consulate! fast and very friendly!

Hi,

Thanks

Non-imm multi-B .... they would have as easily issued me a non-imm-multi-o (I had documentation for both)

They were awesome ta the consulate! fast and very friendly!

Thanks for your reply !

Do you have any experience with Thai consulate in Darwin ? I mean do you know they're ok ?

Thanks i. a.

Just a note for anyone looking at travelling for a non imm O.. But Thai air are offering 19,900 baht return flights to London for 7 days last minute..

Pretty cheap way to go and sort a non imm O out..

Where did you find out about this one ? V interesting and usefu. Thanks for info

Any advice?

A American friend recently just a few weeks ago went for a non-immigrant O and was turned down in Perth? He only got 60 days.It used to be very easy to get a non-immigrant O there in the past but not anymore? Unless you have all the proper paper work?

Any advice?

A American friend recently just a few weeks ago went for a non-immigrant O and was turned down in Perth? He only got 60 days.It used to be very easy to get a non-immigrant O there in the past but not anymore? Unless you have all the proper paper work?

I am wondering if i can go to a Thai consulate Down Under and apply for a multiple 1 year non immigrant B as i have a recommendation letter of a foreign employer ? The only thing is he can not provide me with any other document as he's not for 100% sure yet that i can really start working for him.... It depends on some things..... (So, i also haven't a WP yet....)

I guess with this situation i don't have to apply in one of the Asian cities like Penang, Manila, Ho Chi Min, KL, Singapore, etc.. ??

It would be much cheaper to fly to Penang or KL or Singapore....

Every information is more than welcome !

Thanks in advance !

Any advice?

I am wondering if i can go to a Thai consulate Down Under and apply for a multiple 1 year non immigrant B as i have a recommendation letter of a foreign employer ? The only thing is he can not provide me with any other document as he's not for 100% sure yet that i can really start working for him.... It depends on some things..... (So, i also haven't a WP yet....)

I guess with this situation i don't have to apply in one of the Asian cities like Penang, Manila, Ho Chi Min, KL, Singapore, etc.. ??

It would be much cheaper to fly to Penang or KL or Singapore....

Every information is more than welcome !

Thanks in advance !

thai consul perth [email protected]

fax [08] 92211635