Dual Citizenship- Fully vaccinated under Thai ID. International Travel Challenges

jeffandgop

My wife has dual Thai & US citizenship. She has had her two doses of Astra Zeneca under her Thai nationality and birth surname. We travel internationally using her US passport, which reflects her married surname, to avoid the visa process Thai citizens are subject to. 
This results in not having a vaccination certificate associated with her US passport and would now be problematic to travel to the US and Europe. 

Any suggestions to address this situation?

Travel with both passports and show whichever one is required for the purpose at hand.  People do it all the time for immigration purposes so should be OK for proof of vaccine purposes too.

I would also carry a (translated?) copy of your marriage certificate to help link the documents.

4 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

easy to just change her name and im not sure how shes buying a ticket using one name and a different passport 

what makes you think that it is easy to change her name? On the hospital vaccination certificate?..And the air ticket is bought under the name of the ID she would use; i.e., travel to the US she would have the ticket issued in the name of her US passport details...

8 hours ago, treetops said:

Travel with both passports and show whichever one is required for the purpose at hand.  People do it all the time for immigration purposes so should be OK for proof of vaccine purposes too.

I would also carry a (translated?) copy of your marriage certificate to help link the documents.

Thank you- very helpful!!  In light of your response I can/would also query the respective embassy of the country we would travel to and ask their entry requirements based on these circumstances...

1 minute ago, jeffandgop said:

what makes you think that it is easy to change her name? On the hospital vaccination certificate?..And the air ticket is bought under the name of the ID she would use; i.e., travel to the US she would have the ticket issued in the name of her US passport details...

Its simple to change her maiden name in Thailand to her married name which would include her passport. 

Shes obviously leaving Thai immigration on her thai passport and entering the Europe on her us passport and vice-versa on her return so the ticket names wont match

• Confused 1