Ubc Satellite Reception In Singapore

sonicdragon

Hello

I was told that it is possible to get thai UBC on satellite in Singapore - apparently all one needs is to use the thai decoder card that we use in Thailand, and obviously an active subscription to UBC, though we would need a bigger dish than is necessary in thailand.

Does anyone know if this is true ?

Thanks

SD

Big chance that this is indeed possible, I'n not sure about the footprint of Thaicom's Ku band covering Singapore, but with a big enough dish and good (low noise) LNB this should not pose a problem...

Beats me why you would want to though :o

I was told that it is possible to get thai UBC on satellite in Singapore - apparently all one needs is to use the thai decoder card that we use in Thailand, and obviously an active subscription to UBC, though we would need a bigger dish than is necessary in thailand.

technically it's possible but you are not allowed to put up any satellite dish in Singapore and have to make do with the single monopolist cable provider.

technically it's possible but you are not allowed to put up any satellite dish in Singapore and have to make do with the single monopolist cable provider.

Haha ! I guess that's not surprising - should have thought about that before :D

In that case, let me rephrase - is there any way to receive thai TV channels in Singapore ? I'm referring to local terrestrial 1/3/5/7 channels mainly, but other thai language cable/sat channels would be cool too.

It's for my wife :o

Thanks for the replies. I am currently in the UK the connection kept dropping out / rebuffering (even with a large buffer setting) and I tried at a few different times during the day today.

I also tried the mcot site (same problem)

I guess it's the old problem of international bandwidth out of thailand ?

Do you think the connection between thailand and singapore would be a lot better than thai->UK ?

Thanks

SD