Gays Dressing Up Women

Flow

Hi all

My post is not meant to offend. I am straight and I have many gay friends. Yesterday, I asked a gay friend of mine the question "why do some gay men like to dress up as women" as we see in gay pride parades and stuff. I did not get a response - don't know why. May be someone on this forum could explain?

Thanks

Hi all

My post is not meant to offend. I am straight and I have many gay friends. Yesterday, I asked a gay friend of mine the question "why do some gay men like to dress up as women" as we see in gay pride parades and stuff. I did not get a response - don't know why. May be someone on this forum could explain?

Thanks

OK I'll take a try!

1. It's fun

2. Like to see how beautiful they look as ladies.

3. see if their friends acquaintences recognize them.

4. When dressed as Katoey, can act as femme as they like in disquise.

5. contests--prizes

Hi all

Thanks

Becasue they have mental problems.

Gender identity disorder, as identified by psychologists and physicians, is a condition in which a person has been assigned one gender, usually on the basis of their sex at birth but identifies as belonging to another gender, and feels significant discomfort or being unable to deal with this condition. It is a psychiatric classification and describes the problems related to transsexuality, transgender identity and more rarely transvestism. It is the diagnostic classification most commonly applied to transsexuals.

The core symptom of gender identity disorders is gender dysphoria, literally being uncomfortable with one's assigned gender.

This feeling is usually reported as "having always been there" since childhood, although in some cases, it appears in adolescence or adulthood, and has been reported by some as intensifying over time.[1] Since many cultures strongly disapprove of cross-gender behaviour, it often results in significant problems for affected persons and those in close relationships with them. In many cases, discomfort is also reported as stemming from the feeling that one's body is "wrong" or meant to be different.

Edited by jackmuu

Hi all

Thanks

Gender identity disorder, as identified by psychologists and physicians, is a condition in which a person has been assigned one gender, usually on the basis of their sex at birth but identifies as belonging to another gender, and feels significant discomfort or being unable to deal with this condition. It is a psychiatric classification and describes the problems related to transsexuality, transgender identity and more rarely transvestism. It is the diagnostic classification most commonly applied to transsexuals.

The core symptom of gender identity disorders is gender dysphoria, literally being uncomfortable with one's assigned gender.

This feeling is usually reported as "having always been there" since childhood, although in some cases, it appears in adolescence or adulthood, and has been reported by some as intensifying over time.[1]

Since many cultures strongly disapprove of cross-gender behaviour, it often results in significant

problems for affected persons and those in close relationships with them. In many cases, discomfort is also reported as stemming from the feeling that one's body is "wrong" or meant to be different.

And so the local resident Phobe has spoken!

Feed your prejudices!

See you out of the closet soon.

LOL Jackmuu!

You must have read a different post than me! I didn't see the OP asking about transexuals :o

Who rattled your cage Mary?

lol ... i have been called far far worse by far far better people .... why am i thinking you aen't what you say you are .... hmmmmmm

The real question is, why do so many so called "straight" men get so uncomfortable at the thought of dressing up as a woman? (me included- the thought makes me feel weird- but I have trouble rationalising the feeling given that I ought to be secure in my own gender.)

LOL Jackmuu!

You must have read a different post than me! I didn't see the OP asking about transexuals :o

Who rattled your cage Mary?

lol ... i have been called far far worse by far far better people .... why am i thinking you aen't what you say you are .... hmmmmmm

Not what I say I am?

The real question is, why do so many so called "straight" men get so uncomfortable at the thought of dressing up as a woman? (me included- the thought makes me feel weird- but I have trouble rationalising the feeling given that I ought to be secure in my own gender.)

It challenges their concept of their own masculinity!

It challenges their concept of their own masculinity!

Hi all

Thanks

This feeling is usually reported as "having always been there" since childhood, although in some cases, it appears in adolescence or adulthood, and has been reported by some as intensifying over time.[1]

Since many cultures strongly disapprove of cross-gender behaviour, it often results in significant

problems for affected persons and those in close relationships with them. In many cases, discomfort is also reported as stemming from the feeling that one's body is "wrong" or meant to be different.

Feed your prejudices!

If you mean phobic as in fear, then you are wrong.

If you mean phobic as in dislike then you are right.

I am not prejudiced at all, just because I find the idea of men dressing up as women to be freaky and abnormal (which it most surely is), does not make me prejudiced.

As for coming out of the closet, don't hold your breath, we are not all perverts.

Hi all

Thanks

Feed your prejudices!

I am not prejudiced at all, just because I find the idea of men dressing up as women to be freaky and abnormal (which it most surely is), does not make me prejudiced.

As for coming out of the closet, don't hold your breath, we are not all perverts.

LOL .... gotta love 'em :o

Feed your prejudices!

OK fine.

Just look at your Avatar. A naked well muscled MAN!

Like viewing Gladiator movies also?

Enjoy cigars! Yeah sometimes a cigar is just a smoke.

The OP's question is really loaded!! Why does he specify gay men as opposed to men in general.

Most cross dressers are heterosexual. Perhaps we can get a heterosexual, who likes to cross dress, to answer the OP's question.

Is Ed Wood or J. Edgar Hoover around??

I used the expression "loaded question" since asking why anyone likes to do anything is such a broad shot that varies from individual to individual. Whether cross dressers are gay or straight, each individual engaging in the practice may well have a different reason for doing it.

Asking why a human likes to do anything is of a similar stripe and again varies from individual to individual. Generalizing as to why gays like to cross dress or why straights like to cross dress really in unanswerable since it is a generalization that has no validity for the reason stated.

Is Ed Wood or J. Edgar Hoover around??

Not even J.Edgars lover, Tolson is around anymore. How about Cohen, he loved to cross dress. How about Milton Berle. He got into women's clothes at every opportunity.

This subject is just plain silly in my opinion, but then again who cares what I think.

OP could have asked, 'Why do people like to post their opinions in Thaivisa". Another question that requires an irrelevent generality as an answer.

Hi all

Thanks

Transvites are not necessarily gay. They gat satisfaction from dressing in womens clothing.

If the OP is talking about people in gay pride parades and the like ... some people do it as a lark .. some as a lifestyle statement etc ....

most transvestites are hetero .... and most don't dress as women in Public .... (and contrary to the phobe's quote earlier ... most of those do not have gender identity issues :o

If the OP is talking about people in gay pride parades and the like ... some people do it as a lark .. some as a lifestyle statement etc ....

most transvestites are hetero .... and most don't dress as women in Public .... (and contrary to the phobe's quote earlier ... most of those do not have gender identity issues :o

A man who dresses as a woman doesn't have gender identity issues? Nonsense.

LOL ... Better get back and do some reading! :D

I'm sort of curious as to why you are on this board, Jackmuu, if you have such a distaste for gay people and for men who dress as women. Are you a troll...an a-hole...or an idiot? Or all three combined? You certainly have not added any insight to the discussion...just your biased and very limited opinion.

Edited by farang prince

I'm sort of curious as to why you are on this board, Jackmuu, if you have such a distaste for gay people and for men who dress as women. Are you a troll...an a-hole...or an idiot? Or all three combined? You certainly have not added any insight to the discussion...just your biased and very limited opinion.

So just because I am not queer means I can't have an opinion? I stated a fact on here about transvestism and started getting abuse for being prejudiced. So I tell you what, get back in your box.

Hi all

Thanks

Feed your prejudices!

As for coming out of the closet, don't hold your breath, we are not all perverts.[/b]

Wow... thas really nasty..

I cant belive there's ppl that are actually that "square"

So just because I am not queer means I can't have an opinion? I stated a fact on here about transvestism and started getting abuse for being prejudiced. So I tell you what, get back in your box.

LOL ... not real bright AGAIN :D you didn't state a fact about transvestism<sic> you did cut and paste some copyrighted material about gender identity disorder though :D steeeeeeerike 3 for the phobe :D

I would have made a post to your original question, but as I now see you not a clue it's a waist of time. Try look at your self in sexy girls undies some time, it's HOT.....

real Hot and the girls dig it! Ya my gender is bent.....straight up most of the time.

As I've said before this forum is for gay folks and their friends. It's not a place where we have to justify our existence to any bigot who happens to be passing by. Any more bigotry or personal abuse of other posters will earn holidays.