Is Tune Insurance only reimbursement?

I need a Thai insurance that covers the requirements for both STV Visa and Thailand Pass/COE. and I was recommended Tune Protect Ipass Insurance.

if i get a Tune Protect Ipass Insurance and get into an accident, will the insurance company pay the hospital directly or do i risk having to pay first and get reimbursement from the insurance later?

Because I do not have the funds to pay a large hospital bill up front.

I have read their policy, but I can't find anything that says they will cover medical expenses directly with the hospital, or is there something I misunderstood?

I already emailed them on this point and the reply was:

Please be informed that any medical expenses due to non-covid-19 related is required advanced payment , then you need to submit to documents to company for reimbursement except in case of covid-19 infection, The company will pay the bill directly to hospital. 

However I can`t see Tune on Bumrungrads approved insurance list
Edited by rem888
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rem888 said:
However I can`t see Tune on Bumrungrads approved insurance list

Edited 5 minutes ago by rem888

It is not an approved insurance partner of Bumrungrad (or any hospital) if you have to pay first for medical treatment and then hope to obtain later.   Not sure if you have option to use any hospital for Covid treatment but seems they will make arrangement to pay directly for that..  In other words probably not what you want if you can not afford to pay upfront and intend to use the most expensive type facilities in Thailand for medical treatment.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It is not an approved insurance partner of Bumrungrad (or any hospital) if you have to pay first for medical treatment and then hope to obtain later.   Not sure if you have option to use any hospital for Covid treatment but seems they will make arrangement to pay directly for that..  In other words probably not what you want if you can not afford to pay upfront and intend to use the most expensive type facilities in Thailand for medical treatment.

Understood. My point was if you were admitted for covid the hospital may ask you for money up front. Maybe would be overcome on a phone call. Anyone know if Tune are reputable?

7 minutes ago, rem888 said:

Understood. My point was if you were admitted for covid the hospital may ask you for money up front. Maybe would be overcome on a phone call. Anyone know if Tune are reputable?

It would appear any hospital could work directly for covid but would have to read policy for confirmation.  Have never heard of Tune but not well read on subject.