Homeowner & Personal Property Insurance

Having come close to completion of my new home. While in Khon Kaen I bought a 5 year policy with 1million dollar coverage on the home and a special additional 400,000 on contents against theft.

The company was MCIG (my spelling may be off a character or two). The prepaid premium was only 15,000 baht for 5 years.

Who has had claim experience and how difficult was it to get your losses funded? Any recommendation on who is the best insurance company in Thailand in paying out claims and getting questions answered in English. I thought I did well with price and coverages!

Edited by dannywla

Having come close to completion of my new home. While in Khon Kaen I bought a 5 year policy with 1million dollar coverage on the home and a special additional 400,000 on contents against theft.

The company was MSIG. The prepaid premium was only 15,000 baht for 5 years.

Who has had claim experience and how difficult was it to get your losses funded? Any recommendation on who is the best insurance company in Thailand in paying out claims and getting questions answered in English. I thought I did well with price and coverages!

I am surprised no replys, as don't most expats have property and contents insurance, no claims to date?

Any feedback on your insurance cost and claims experience is most appreciated. Who do your insure with?

Edited by dannywla

Congratts on your new home!

Just today we renewed our home insurance with Siam Commercial Bank. Replacement costs of 1 million baht. I wasn’t concerned about theft, as we don’t keep any cash or jewelry. My travel insurance covers for theft of electronics / ipods/ cameras.

This time, we bought 3 years for 4900 baht.

Hellohello