Violin

gerry1011

Chiangrai is certainly not the first city we think about, when speaking about violin playing.

But very few people know that Chiangrai has over 300 violin students.

The Chiangrai Youth Orchestra, which is formed by 80 of these students, is working hard to reach a level similar to the level of Bangkok... but without any government help.

Since the start in 2001, the orchestra has evolved a lot.

And they are reaching their aims, with an ensemble which already went to Bangkok to perform for some of the most respected members of the high society.

The work of the Chiangrai Youth Orchestra should certainly be supported.

You can visit the orchestra on www.chiangrai-youth-orchestra.com

Chiangrai is certainly not the first city we think about, when speaking about violin playing.

But very few people know that Chiangrai has over 300 violin students.

The Chiangrai Youth Orchestra, which is formed by 80 of these students, is working hard to reach a level similar to the level of Bangkok... but without any government help.

Since the start in 2001, the orchestra has evolved a lot.

And they are reaching their aims, with an ensemble which already went to Bangkok to perform for some of the most respected members of the high society.

The work of the Chiangrai Youth Orchestra should certainly be supported.

You can visit the orchestra on www.chiangrai-youth-orchestra.com

Theres one on here as well ! :o

Some kids at a local school have all been informed that they must take some sort of music lessons.

Some are considering violins but considering the price and the likelyhood that most will dropout after a short time, I am looking for a few second hand violins in good condition.

Some kids at a local school have all been informed that they must take some sort of music lessons.

Some are considering violins but considering the price and the likelyhood that most will dropout after a short time, I am looking for a few second hand violins in good condition.

Something I'd imagine would be a lot easier to find, and the kids would enjoy a lot more and maybe keep it up later would be the plain old acoustic guitar.

Something I'd imagine would be a lot easier to find, and the kids would enjoy a lot more and maybe keep it up later would be the plain old acoustic guitar.

Agree completely but most of these are girls and they think it's ''cooler'' to have a violin, never mind playing it.