One Of The Things I Miss About Thailand

Spiritman

When I'm not there is the wondeful aromas & smells of street food, it can make you feel hungry even when you've just eaten, there is nothing to compare in the UK.

Thai food is at the top of my list where ever i am.

Regards, Spiritman

The worst thing is that there is no street vendors in the U.K. You cant do what I am just about to do and pop out across the road to get a plate of kaow moo daeng or a bowl of Sen mee naam sai.

The worst thing is that there is no street vendors in the U.K. You cant do what I am just about to do and pop out across the road to get a plate of kaow moo daeng or a bowl of Sen mee naam sai.

I envy you M8, but enjoy yourself coz if i was there i'd be doing the same as you.

Regards, Spiritman

I miss the roving vendors who would come up the soi and call out your name to see if you want Bt20 BBQ chicken; I miss the neighbours who take the laundry down when it starts to rain and you are not home; I miss my Thai dogs who all passed on...

Yea when I go back to the U.S. for 3 weeks every year I really miss the bbq vendors & the cart

delicacies. Beside the cheapest food you see there is MacDonalds & Taco bell. That is one of the few foods I miss in Thailand, but would trade Mexican for Thai cuisine! And lets not forget about if you get stopped by the cops it is a 200-400 baht fine instead of $300.00-+++ & A steep insurance increase with points on your record.The pay as you go much better.

Edited by Beardog

Yea when I go back to the U.S. for 3 weeks every year I really miss the bbq vendors & the cart

delicacies. Beside the cheapest food you see there is MacDonalds & Taco bell. That is one of the few foods I miss in Thailand, but would trade Mexican for Thai cuisine! And lets not forget about if you get stopped by the cops it is a 200-400 baht fine instead of $300.00-+++ & A steep insurance increase with points on your record.The pay as you go much better.

i once saw in the west end a hotdog vendor pi**ing in his onions ,he run dry ,ive never eaten street food since :o

i once saw in the west end a hotdog vendor pi**ing in his onions ,he run dry ,ive never eaten street food since :D

You really don't want to know what goes on in the kitchen of restaurants when you can't see'em!! :o:D

i once saw in the west end a hotdog vendor pi**ing in his onions ,he run dry ,ive never eaten street food since :D

You really don't want to know what goes on in the kitchen of restaurants when you can't see'em!! :o:D

Or In the U.S. either. I used to work as a server-waiter for a shot time when I went to college.

When one of the waiters or waitresses would piss off the chefs(& this was a top hotel in Sanfrancisco California)

You would even want to know what dispicable things they would do to your food.

Beardog