Eleven Illegals Killed In Pick-up Car Chase

george

11 killed when pick-up carrying illegal immigrants clashes head-on with oil tanker

TAK: -- A speeding pick-up truck clashed head-on with an empty oil tanker late Friday while trying to free police chase, killing the driver and ten Burmese illegal immigrants, severely injuring five others.

The accident happened at 11:45 pm on Tak-Mae Sot Road in Muang district.

The driver of the pick-up, Wutthinan Raknathithong, 22, died behind the scene.

The bodies of illegal immigrants form Burma were scattered on the road. Ten of them both men and women died at the scene and five other were severely injured.

Police said the pick-up truck was asked to stop at a road checkpoint but the driver sped away, prompting a police car to chase after it.

The pick-up clashed head-on to the oil tanker, which was speeding down a hill road. The police car fell into a roadside and was slightly damaged with no one being injured.

-- The Nation 2007-06-09

Sad story. I wonder how many of the passengers in the pickup agreed with the driver to flee the scene? Fleeing the police almost never works. The police have guns, they have radios, etc. Some police depts even have helicopters. The average street vehicle cannot outrun a helicopter.

Btw, did the 22-yo driver die "behind the scene", or behind the wheel?

What a pity and such a tragic waste of life. These poor people escaping a brutal regime, coming to scratch a living for (probably) well under the minimum wage, and this happens. :o These people don't deserve this!

May they rest in peace.

What a pity and such a tragic waste of life. These poor people escaping a brutal regime, coming to scratch a living for (probably) well under the minimum wage, and this happens. :o These people don't deserve this!

May they rest in peace.

Agreed. So sad. :D

May they rest in peace.

Agreed. So sad. :D

RIP. :D

11 killed when pick-up carrying illegal immigrants clashes head-on with oil tanker

TAK: -- A speeding pick-up truck clashed head-on with an empty oil tanker late Friday while trying to free police chase, killing the driver and ten Burmese illegal immigrants, severely injuring five others.

The bodies of illegal immigrants form Burma were scattered on the road. Ten of them both men and women died at the scene and five other were severely injured.

Police said the pick-up truck was asked to stop at a road checkpoint but the driver sped away, prompting a police car to chase after it.

The pick-up clashed head-on to the oil tanker, which was speeding down a hill road. The police car fell into a roadside and was slightly damaged with no one being injured.

-- The Nation 2007-06-09

the first thing i thought off when reading this story was off " jim morrison" of the " doors ".

he tells a story on his " american prayer " album of an exact same experience of when he was a young fella.

his family were driving through the californian desert and they come across an over turned pick up truck that had scattered indians all over the road and the road was littered with dead and dying indians. :D

only difference was there was no cops or oil tanker and was a case of <deleted> happens. :D

anyway,

i sometimes have to attend scenes like this but with less people, and i got to tell you fellas that its a bad way to go out.

i suppose the moral of the story is dont run from the cops and dont be an illegal alien and if you do or are, please drive carefully. :o

-- The Nation 2007-06-09

the first thing i thought off when reading this story was off " jim morrison" of the " doors ".

he tells a story on his " american prayer " album of an exact same experience of when he was a young fella.

his family were driving through the californian desert and they come across an over turned pick up truck that had scattered indians all over the road and the road was littered with dead and dying indians. :D

only difference was there was no cops or oil tanker and was a case of <deleted> happens. :D

anyway,

i sometimes have to attend scenes like this but with less people, and i got to tell you fellas that its a bad way to go out.

i suppose the moral of the story is dont run from the cops and dont be an illegal alien and if you do or are, please drive carefully. :o

these poor people just want to earn a couple of baht to feed there family ,the driver normally makes a killing on these trips ,this time he really did ,sad story ................r.i.p.