Extend STV - Documents & Time ?

I have just spent three days this week doing the very same thing at Jomtien.

You will need to complete form TM7, which can be printed out from the immigration website.  You need to attach a passport-type pic to the form.  Obviously you will also need your passport (with blank pages and validity six months beyond your stay).

You will need to have a photocopy of each of the following:

• passport front page with your pics and details
  • passport page with current entry stamp
  • both sides of the TM6 form which was completed and stamped on your arrival
  • Special Tourist Visa
  • Thailand Pass
  • Medical insurance
  • Quarantine hotel booking from when you arrived 
  • Result of hospital/lab PCR test from when you were released from quarantine
  • tenancy agreement or hotel booking for where you are now living and proof of payment

You need to sign the front of each photocopied page.

The fee is 1,900 baht in cash.

I suggest you start the process about 7 days before your current permission expires.  If you apply too soon you are likely to be told to come back nearer the current end date.

Do not bother with making an appointment (which can be done on line but is meaningless) - just turn up and queue and be prepared to wait.  Take a book or reader.

Once you are in the office you will be given a numbered ticket at the reception desk to wait in another queue to register your address (regardless of whether your landlord, agent or hotel may have already done so). You will then be given a registration slip stapled into your passport which you will need to copy for presentation at the next stage.  (There will be a copy shop or booth inside or outside the immigration office as it is a lucrative business).  You may then be lucky and be given a further ticket to wait at another counter to submit your application or you may be unlucky and told to come back tomorrow.

The visa extension counter is where you hand in all your documents, pay your money and have your picture taken.  It seems that visa extensions are no longer issued on the same day (certainly at Jomtien) and you will be given a ticket to come back the next day to queue up and collect your passport.

If you have a Thai friend it may be prudent to take them with you to assist and translate if necessary.  

I think I have covered everything and can only apologise if there is something I have missed - or if a different immigration officer or a different office requires something different on another day.

Good luck !

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 10:20 AM, hidbehindthesofa said:

I have just spent three days this week doing the very same thing at Jomtien.

You will need to complete form TM7, which can be printed out from the immigration website.  You need to attach a passport-type pic to the form.  Obviously you will also need your passport (with blank pages and validity six months beyond your stay).

You will need to have a photocopy of each of the following:

• passport front page with your pics and details
  • passport page with current entry stamp
  • both sides of the TM6 form which was completed and stamped on your arrival
  • Special Tourist Visa
  • Thailand Pass
  • Medical insurance
  • Quarantine hotel booking from when you arrived 
  • Result of hospital/lab PCR test from when you were released from quarantine
  • tenancy agreement or hotel booking for where you are now living and proof of payment

You need to sign the front of each photocopied page.

The fee is 1,900 baht in cash.

I suggest you start the process about 7 days before your current permission expires.  If you apply too soon you are likely to be told to come back nearer the current end date.

Do not bother with making an appointment (which can be done on line but is meaningless) - just turn up and queue and be prepared to wait.  Take a book or reader.

Once you are in the office you will be given a numbered ticket at the reception desk to wait in another queue to register your address (regardless of whether your landlord, agent or hotel may have already done so). You will then be given a registration slip stapled into your passport which you will need to copy for presentation at the next stage.  (There will be a copy shop or booth inside or outside the immigration office as it is a lucrative business).  You may then be lucky and be given a further ticket to wait at another counter to submit your application or you may be unlucky and told to come back tomorrow.

The visa extension counter is where you hand in all your documents, pay your money and have your picture taken.  It seems that visa extensions are no longer issued on the same day (certainly at Jomtien) and you will be given a ticket to come back the next day to queue up and collect your passport.

If you have a Thai friend it may be prudent to take them with you to assist and translate if necessary.  

I think I have covered everything and can only apologise if there is something I have missed - or if a different immigration officer or a different office requires something different on another day.

Good luck !

World class! 

1) I arrived in december for the "1 day quarantine" - are/were you in the same "category" or did you belong to the "2 week quarantine group"? 

2) I have a rental contract now but it doesn't  have the dates for the full 90 days (only june or so). Did your rental contract cover the whole extension of stay? 

2.1) Proof of payment, did you print out 2-3 months of monthly rents or how did you go about it? 

3) Medical insurance. If you remeber, we needed one Medical Insurance +50 000$ (that includes C19) + one "40/400k" nonsense insurance. Did you bring both? 

What's your overall feel of scrutinizing of documents? 

Once again, bless! 

Completely agree with the helpful post above but just to put my personal spin on it.

I chose to go down the agent route. My paperwork was in order but I hate immigration.

2,000B. First extension just handed over my passport and signed the usual copies. No rental agreement, insurance, quarantine booking, test cert needed.

Second extension I did need my insurance cert.

In and out with stamp in 10 minutes and I applied well over a month before expiry.

Not for everyone I understand but it suited me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Completely agree with the helpful post above but just to put my personal spin on it.

I chose to go down the agent route. My paperwork was in order but I hate immigration.

2,000B. First extension just handed over my passport and signed the usual copies. No rental agreement, insurance, quarantine booking, test cert needed.

Second extension I did need my insurance cert.

In and out with stamp in 10 minutes and I applied well over a month before expiry.

Not for everyone I understand but it suited me.

Thanks for your input, and I put no shadow whatsoever on you who choose the Agent-path. However, I'm a bit stubborn that I want the system to work hence I will try to follow it. Secondly, in one of my Facebook groups I read two occasions of which the agent got the STV-holder a "regular 30 day extension" and not the STV-90 day extension. Imagine the headache of that happening. 

• Like 1