Cheapest To America?

magic

Looking for advice on the cheapest way to fly from Southeast Asia - to America..

Some have said just go directly to the airline itself, whichever it may be..

Others have said travel agent..

What's the best way guys??

I fly in about 1 month..

Thanks

Looking for advice on the cheapest way to fly from Southeast Asia - to America..

I fly in about 1 month..

Thanks

Not really sure which way to go. I would try these options: For sure China airlines is probably the cheapest. (1) Go to the airlines direct (online) and call them, (2) Check a couple travel agencies. My educated guess would be you will get the best price from China-air.com

Don't fall for those cheap prices advertised with travel agencies in the bangkok post.

Don't fall for those cheap prices advertised with travel agencies in the bangkok post.

What's wrong with them in the Bangkok Post? :o

I am wondering, too.

The cheapest airfares go to the agencies, they advertise in BKK Post, no drama about that.

Try Qantas web site, or call them, you get 6000$ ticket while agencies have it for 1500$ for the same route. Restrictions apply, but that's the nature of flying on the cheap.

O/W or R/T? China-Air BKK-LAX is 675 OW 1000 RT ALL IN with fees. The thing I love about China (I use them a LOT) is that they basically let you reschedule as many times as you need. My last US trip, both outbound and inbound legs got rescheduled multiple times, no worries.

Don't know about the Post/Agency deals, never tried.

Edited by calibanjr.

I fly in about 1 month..

Thanks

Flying with China Airline should be the most cheapest. I flied with them to JFK OW is $800 NET booked via travel agent. Bkk- taipei - NYK. Very convenient.

If go LAX should be cheaper i guess.

China air is generally the cheapest. You can go direct or through TV Air on Silom and they both offer the same airfares. Northwest and United also have some deals through A & F travel on Silom at Soi 4.

Is it possible to buy a ticket at A&F for someone originating travel on UA from the USA to BKK? Any price advantage? My daughter is visiting and the tickets are quite high on the UA website and other travel sites.

About booking direct with the airline, it really depends. At one point I checked China Air for a flight I wanted, and orbitz was cheaper. Just now I checked again, and China-airlines.com is cheaper to book the flight. I think it just really depends. It seems to me I've always got the cheapest ticket from the U.S. to Asia booking online generally.

I usually book form the China Air website and get the best deal, but on my last flight, last month, I saved 1000 baht buying through Majestic travel in BKK. Another benefit of China is that you can buy tickets last minute for the same price as long as they're available.

I would say that those ads in the paper have a high probability of being bait and switch...

And most give you that old styled printed ticket that scares me - If you lose them your screwed - Why is that??? Your name SHOULD be in the computer - Right...

Your original post seems to suggest that you want a one way ticket... You pay more per flight with the airlines directly for a one way fare... And expect special attention from our wonderful Homeland Security...

Look at a round trip also...

Check out kayak.com it is a interesting flight search...

Edited by sfokevin