Visa Application For Canada

Can someone tell me what will speed things up...

I want to send in my husbands application for a perm resident visa to Canada, but I do not have his police clearance certificate or a signed sponsorship agreement from him yet. It will be about 4 weeks by the time I get them (as I am currently in Canada). If I send the application in now, and send the other 2 documents in a month, will that delay the processing? Would it be better to wait a month and send the complete package?

Thanks for the advice,

ss

I want to send in my husbands application for a perm resident visa to Canada, but I do not have his police clearance certificate or a signed sponsorship agreement from him yet. It will be about 4 weeks by the time I get them (as I am currently in Canada). If I send the application in now, and send the other 2 documents in a month, will that delay the processing? Would it be better to wait a month and send the complete package?

Thanks for the advice,

ss

If he's Thai then the embassy in Bangkok requests his PC from Thailand, you don't have to send it in with the application.

Make sure you're using the country specific application form for Thailand.

I am aware of that, but the embassy told me on 3 separate occasions to get the check ahead of time and send it with the application. i am assuming this is the right thing to do if they told me 3 times.

Mind you, it is the Canadian Embassy, which at this time I have absolutely nothing good to say about!

Thanks for the advice,

ss

If he's Thai then the embassy in Bangkok requests his PC from Thailand, you don't have to send it in with the application.

Make sure you're using the country specific application form for Thailand.

Probably better to send the complete package than have them return it to you because it was incomplete. That should be your higher priority.

And regarding the PC from Thailand, your husband has to go apply for it in person. The embassy doesn't request it on his behalf.

I also would send it as complete as then less chances of things going wrong. From my wifes interview to her visa to come to Canada by the way it it only took 2 months and she had 90 days if I recall right to then be in Canada before it expired.

A small note that when we went down to the Thai police for my wifes Police check the officer asked for a bit of Tea money to speed the process.

Probably better to send the complete package than have them return it to you because it was incomplete. That should be your higher priority.

They won't return it to you as being incomplete. Their instructions in the guide tell you that the PC certificate is not your responsibility to obtain.

The Bangkok embassy doesn't normally deal with residency applications, they are handled through Singapore so don't rely on Bangkok for advice.

Here it is;

Scroll down to the Thailand specific instructions in this document:

http://cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf

That document DOES NOT SAY what you claimed.

The police clearance certificate is, in fact, the responsibility of the applicant (in this case - the husband being sponsored).

Quote from the application info specific to Thailand:

In order to apply for a Police Certificate, a request from the High Commission is required. This

letter will be sent to you at a later stage.

I've been through this process. If you haven't and don't know please stop confusing the poster with your guesses.

I've been through this process. If you haven't and don't know please stop confusing the poster with your guesses.

I have been through the process. That's why I pointed out your misinformation.

Nowhere does it say that it isn't the applicant's responsibility. It says merely that they have to wait until they receive said letter.

I have been through the process. That's why I pointed out your misinformation.

Nowhere does it say that it isn't the applicant's responsibility. It says merely that they have to wait until they receive said letter.

So then they do not have to send it in with the initial application.

I would advise Minburi to take that document I linked to and contact the nearest call centre for clarification.

In Canada: 1 888 242‑2100 (8am - 4pm your local time)

From Thailand: (65) 6854-5946 (Immigration Section, Singapore)

"Further to your enquiry, there is no problem with you sending the Thai police certificate with your application. In some cases, the Thai police authorities will not issue a police certificate unless they have an authorization letter from the Canadian High Commission in Singapore and that is the reason for the instruction. However, if you can obtain a police certificate for your husband now, that will just avoid us having to ask for it later."

an answer to all our questions..

this is the reply I just received from the High Commission in Singapore.

So now we know.

I would advise Minburi to take that document I linked to and contact the nearest call centre for clarification.

Why would I need it? My wife and I have gone through the process and she is here now..BUt I guess I could call anyways.. :o

Why would I need it? My wife and I have gone through the process and she is here now..BUt I guess I could call anyways.. :D

I read the quotes wrong so just ignore my sleep deprived post :o

Let me know if you get it. We got told we needed the letter from the High Commission but I suspect it depends on who you talk to and what kind of mood they are in.

He got it no problem this morning. They told him it would be ready on the !7th, but they will send it to his village. I imagine one might have a problem if they have do have a record (which he does not), or perhaps doesn't give a reason as to why s/he may want it. I don't know why it would be a problem to obtain your own record check, though. It certainly isn't in Canada, but then again Canada makes a whole lot more sense to me (most of the time)!

Good luck to you. I hope that can help you some.

ss