What is the meaning of "Rrrhod rhree sawat"?

rose33

11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Goodnight is what I would guess..

Up here in Buriram, to me it sounds like "La Dee Sawat" when MiL says it to me.

Up in Buriram (near Phanom Rung) they actually have a road sign that reds "Rahansai"...................L's and R's are not their strong suit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Up in Buriram (near Phanom Rung) they actually have a road sign that reds "Rahansai"...................L's and R's are not their strong suit.

I also like the 'Rabyrinth' sign for the hedge maze at one of the big parks in Thailand's second city... 

(Although when I think how much I struggle with all of their tones and vowels, I don't want to be too critical if my Rs and Ls sound similar to their ears...)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes, I agree. "L" and "R" seem to be randomly interchangeable.

It is likely that the owner of your favorite massage place, "Ratree Massage," is named Ratree, as this is a common practice among businesses to name themselves after their owner.

Although traditionally, the Thai letters ร and ล are not interchangeable, there seems to be an unofficial trend of using them interchangeably nowadays.

• Thanks 1