The Best Movie You Ever Saw

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the remake of 'The Wicker Man' (Nicolas Cage). The same outcome as the original (Edward Woodward) but set on a private island off mainland USA and with a strong 'feral feminist' emphasis. Preferred the original.

I like to see a more distinct separation in re-makes (eg 'The Italian Job') - but then (I suppose) they are not really remakes...

I love movies, so the list is long, but Sin City is up there. I hope the next ones to come out are just as good.

Indeed. Miss Alba is a doll :o

I loved them all, mate, all of them. The movie and stories are a frickin' piece of art. If you watched it once and didn't get it, watch it again ... and again, and again and again - it gets better every time you see it. But, it's not a regular, plot driven movie, it's a brilliantly written film-noir graphic novel expertly directed and photographed for the screen. *I'm also a HUGE Frank Miller fan.

Here's my favorite: "... and make it a hard top, with a decent engine, and a big trunk." (Dwight/Clive Ownes) :D

post-10946-1199653361.jpg

Edited by kat

i watched mr brookes ,probably kevin costners best movie for 15 years .

First off, this movie was very, very graphic. It had some very good scares, and few intense fights now and then, and very unpredictable twists and turns and thrills. The plot was wholey original, and it really stands out not being a sequel. It stands alone. Now, the sex wasn't that big of an issue. The violence was very graphic. Throats slashed. Gunshots to the head. Wounds. Spraying, spurting, and literally pouring blood from being stabbed or slashed at the neck. In one scene, I see the entire process of blood being lost at the neck from being stabbed with scissors. Blood constantly pours, gets on the walls, the man's body everywhere. Then I see the light leave his eyes. There were over 30 F-words and its derivatives, and a lot of S-words and other milder terms (B-words, D-words, H-words, A-words, etc.) ***** out of ***** stars. 10/10. Graphic. Thrilling. Intense. Frightening. Bloody. Sexy.

And you watched all this? Girl, you're scarin' me..

• 2 weeks later...

The BEST film I have seen in the last few years is "Superbad".

Sounds like a 70's Big Affro Hair film, but it is nothing like it.

Its about a group of college lads who will go to any lengths to get laid before schools out for the summer

Its the only film I have ever watched twice in one day, and could not stop laughing all the way through it (twice)

Edited by ThaiPauly

You the man McLovin!

I watched it the other day, pretty good film for that kind of genre (though Nap Dynamite beats it hands down), best parts were undoubtedly the coppers and mclovin. It was the two guys who played the cops who wrote the film.

Edited by burman

Sounds like a 70's Big Affro Hair film, but it is nothing like it.

Its about a group of college lads who will go to any lengths to get laid before schools out for the summer

Its the only film I have ever watched twice in one day, and could not stop laughing all the way through it (twice)

Yeah, the movie was funny. They were high school lads.

Have not thought about The cruel Sea for yeaaaars, was young youngster when I saw it and would you believe just the other day I “obtained” a copy of it and then here it is mentioned on TV.

Funny old world ain’t it

Nostalgic to see the old opening credits, had quite forgotten about them.

post-35075-1201600363_thumb.jpg post-35075-1201600387_thumb.jpg

post-35075-1201600404_thumb.jpg post-35075-1201600429_thumb.jpg

Daffy

:o

I find this too hard to choose. So i'm gonna narrow it down to my choice of one film per decade.

60's = The Great Escape. It speaks for itself

70's = Papillon. Excellent, although the 70's had many a great movie including Godfather(s), Life of Brian, Midnight Express, Enter the Dragon etc.

80's = Poltergeist. 1982 and scared the pants off me. Or should i choose Scarface????

90's = No i can't choose. Schindlers List, Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile

D4mn, i couldn't even manage to narrow it down to one per decade. :o So one per year from now on....definately :D

2000 = Gladiator. Ooooh yeah, by a mile.

2001 = A Beautiful mind. A bit deep but good.

2002 = The Bourne Identity. Really enjoyable.

2003 = Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Depp at his best

2004 = Kill Bill Vol 2. Needed to see this to put the Kill Bill one in context.

2005 = Sin City. In it's own class.

2006 = Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (Depp is good isn't he)

2007 = The Bourne Ultimatum. The Bourne films back on track after the second one was sh1t.

Right that's my choices, took me ages that did. Feel free to rip em apart, although there are some that nobody can argue with :D

Edited by mrbojangles

No, I would say the list is pretty good, although mostly mainstream, but still good. I agree with some of your choices and forgot to include them on my list - like Shawshank Redemption and A Beautiful Mind. Narrowing this list down so low is hard work, isn't it.

I think I have to revisit the Kill Bill volumes.

Lady Sings the Blues

I snogged my first real girlfriend (where I got inside her knickers apart from teenage fumbling) in the back seat of a dodgy cinema in Plymouth to this.

Its still a good movie though, Billy Holliday played by Diana Ross.

Ohh the memories :o

Have not thought about The cruel Sea for yeaaaars, was young youngster when I saw it and would you believe just the other day I "obtained" a copy of it and then here it is mentioned on TV.

Funny old world ain't it

Nostalgic to see the old opening credits, had quite forgotten about them.

post-35075-1201600363_thumb.jpg post-35075-1201600387_thumb.jpg

post-35075-1201600404_thumb.jpg post-35075-1201600429_thumb.jpg

Daffy

:o

Daffy, ya lucky.

I have neva seen a DVD of "The Cruel Sea".

Where ya find it?

NZ here, but I getz around.

• 2 months later...
of recent films ive seen deja-vu and vantage point were very good ,not classics though,but better than the normal rubbish ive seen lately

I have to add : In the valley of Elah , it fits the description you had stated above too.

But there was a movie lately that really had touched me so deep that made me :o while watching it and that is ""Something New"" 2006 starring Simon Baker .

My faverite ones are

'SHANE' Alan Ladd

' Stalag 17' William Holden

'Gone With The Wind' Clark Gable & Vivien Leigh

' La Strada' Anthony Quinn & Giulieta Masina. It won best foreign film in 1954.

These are my all time faverite, I was taken by these fine performers, the sceneries, the beautiful music etc.