Chiang Mai Free Night Out

Blinky Bill

"...I suspect that a lot of these newbies signing up are actually members of another - less honorable - web-site known for pranks like trying to screw up the count for Thai Visa, so there will be way too much food."

Not a problem for folks like you n me UG. I can eat for 2-5 ppl depending on my ambition that day. It might balance out the beer intake too. Also, if too much food (halleluyah!) why not have a door prizes - 2kg bags takehome BBQ Ribs!! Ribs for breakfast, ain't nothin' better.

And what about reports of only 35 ppl showing up for BBQ's int he past. How can it be so different this time ?

Is it the power of ribs ?

We had 62, 55 and 55 at the last 3. We expected more in Chiang Mai and it looks like that's going to happen.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly are 'ribs'? Are they what an Australian would call 'chops' or are they just the bit of a chop that has the long bone?

Not sure if your taking the pi55 or not, so below is a pic of some delicious Ribs :D

PS

the clue is in the name :o

post-13660-1180678028_thumb.jpg

Ribs are pork, which Australians don't tend to eat quite as much as our US cousins (do :o ), I think.

Australia has excellent lamb & "rack of lamb" (often with rosemary/garlic/mustard) is on many home and restaurant menus -- might be the nearest equivalent ?

P.S. Niloc - perhaps we'd use the term "cutlet"

Edited by WaiWai

Thanks for your help, I will look forward to getting into the 'ribs and beer' on the 18th, I am lashing out and booking a hotel room for the night rather than dossing in with the daughter-in-law and family so I can get nicely smashed and not have to drive home!

Thanks for your help, I will look forward to getting into the 'ribs and beer' on the 18th, I am lashing out and booking a hotel room for the night rather than dossing in with the daughter-in-law and family so I can get nicely smashed and not have to drive home!

Great!

We look forward to meeting you and please dont forget our newest sponsor, The Montri Hotel.

Mention the Thai Visa BBQ for a reduced price.

the list must be over 100 by now. Buckwheat, do you guys need a hand? Might be able to lend one if needed on the day.

Thanks a million for the offer Donnyboy.

We can use all of the help we can get and would appreciate any assistance you could render.

Plus Baz needs help tasting the beer to ensure it's cold enough.

Nice sign up response so far! This may end up being rocket science after all.

.... amazing... the way you go on about ribs and beer... are there that many desperately cheap Farangs out there looking for a free meal? :o I just want to go and meet some of the people in Chiang Mai that I may or may not have been talking to.

Due to my religious commitments I don't eat pork nor do I partake in alcohol. I just want to take the piss out of certain people face to face rather than on the board. It will be fun to see the reaction.

I almost put a full mouthfull of beer all over the screen when I read that - Mate be carefull of lightning strikes saying stuff like that :D

And I am not afraid to reveal my true identity as mentioned by Sanpatong a few posts ago. I am not one to be ashamed or afraid of repercussions from the nature of my posts whether they be serious or tongue in cheek (quite a lot of them).

At 6'4" and 115kg I can hardly imagine anyone thinking you are a shrinking violet even if you are wearing one of McSpicy's cast off mini skirts and platform heel shoes. Can you please give him back his Leo Sayer wig - he is finding the night air a bit cool on his receeding hairline :D

CB

.... amazing... the way you go on about ribs and beer... are there that many desperately cheap Farangs out there looking for a free meal? :o I just want to go and meet some of the people in Chiang Mai that I may or may not have been talking to.

Due to my religious commitments I don't eat pork nor do I partake in alcohol. I just want to take the piss out of certain people face to face rather than on the board. It will be fun to see the reaction.

I almost put a full mouthfull of beer all over the screen when I read that - Mate be carefull of lightning strikes saying stuff like that :D

And I am not afraid to reveal my true identity as mentioned by Sanpatong a few posts ago. I am not one to be ashamed or afraid of repercussions from the nature of my posts whether they be serious or tongue in cheek (quite a lot of them).

At 6'4" and 115kg I can hardly imagine anyone thinking you are a shrinking violet even if you are wearing one of McSpicy's cast off mini skirts and platform heel shoes. Can you please give him back his Leo Sayer wig - he is finding the night air a bit cool on his receeding hairline :D

CB

Hey Crowy, bounce011.giffancy a cold frothy or 2 on Friday night?bounce016.gif

CB

Hey Crowy, fancy a cold frothy or 2 on Friday night?

Strewth...the blind leading the blind..... :D

I for one am looking forward to meeting you Bikini Bill :D

Your freind

Thai Poorly

CB

Hey Crowy, bounce011.giffancy a cold frothy or 2 on Friday night?bounce016.gif

I think that could be a good idea - assuming this Friday send time and location. Good to see you are/will be back in town - the place has been quiet for the last few weeks except when McSpicy and I took some "special visitors" from down Pattaya way on a reccie tour of the town. McSpicy is still recovering and is hiding out in his condo taking liver cleansing tablets.

CB

[quote name='Crow Boy' post='1423671' date='2007-

Want to meet up with as at Tuskers on Friday night for the card draw drinks deal? You can teach us Aussies how to drink beer :o

CB

Want to meet up with as at Tuskers on Friday night for the card draw drinks deal? You can teach us Aussies how to drink beer :o

CB

post-15912-1184747630_thumb.jpg

Want to meet up with as at Tuskers on Friday night for the card draw drinks deal? You can teach us Aussies how to drink beer :D

CB

Love to CB,but I would be doubl booked for dinner with her indoors.'spose I could always start an argument and get away early.... :o

CB

See you there.

I think that he is a good guy and I very much enjoy Crowboy's contributions to this forum, but if I didn't I would keep it to myself.

As we Brits would say "CB is a "Good Egg"

I too enjoy his contributions to the forum, but I also see where Toon Army is coming from.

A little disagreement now and again is no bad thing.

The forum would be pointless if we all share the same opinions :o

TP

I think that he is a good guy and I very much enjoy Crowboy's contributions to this forum, but if I didn't I would keep it to myself.

I too enjoy his contributions to the forum, but I also see where Toon Army is coming from.

TP

Nothing wrong with a "little disagreement now and again" and I agree "the Forum would be pointless if we all share the same opinions" so by all means feel free to agree or disagree about the topic at hand "Chiang Mai Free Night Out"

"..... so by all means feel free to agree or disagree about the topic at hand 'Chiang Mai Free Night Out.'"

And to that point, the topic.... so what else is free that night?? We got any door prizes lined up? Best Post 2006 Awards? Best Topic Local Forum award? Most Ridiculous Topic Post 2006? Member We'd All Like to See Banned 2006? ....Likely too many. But if the prizes are good enough they might agree.

Free free free! What else do I get ?!

• 2 weeks later...

TP

Nothing wrong with a "little disagreement now and again" and I agree "the Forum would be pointless if we all share the same opinions" so by all means feel free to agree or disagree about the topic at hand "Chiang Mai Free Night Out"

Buckwheat, I love your "no nonsense " post #116 in the Thai Visa Invitation to BBQ/party. Classic. It had to be said thou othewise it was open to interpretation.

Just wondering if there has been a very recent surge of new members to Thai Visa for the forthcoming free night out in Chiang Mai.

I notice from so many of the posts on another thread that so many of those accepting the invite to the Thai Visa sponsored evening have only 1 or 2 previous posts. A number have only registered in the past day or so.

It always amazes me how so many want so much for so little in Thailand.

But then it's none of my business anyway.

Sounds like the Sizzler salad bar brigade have caught wind of the invite to me. Anyway good luck to them. Thats the way the cookie crumbles i guess. Hope to meet some of them on the night, if they turn up. :o

Just wondering if there has been a very recent surge of new members to Thai Visa for the forthcoming free night out in Chiang Mai.

I notice from so many of the posts on another thread that so many of those accepting the invite to the Thai Visa sponsored evening have only 1 or 2 previous posts. A number have only registered in the past day or so.

It always amazes me how so many want so much for so little in Thailand.

But then it's none of my business anyway.

Sounds like the Sizzler salad bar brigade have caught wind of the invite to me. Anyway good luck to them. Thats the way the cookie crumbles i guess. Hope to meet some of them on the night, if they turn up. :D

might be too much beer otherwise :o

TP

Buckwheat, I love your "no nonsense " post #116 in the Thai Visa Invitation to BBQ/party. Classic. It had to be said thou othewise it was open to interpretation.

Thanks DB,

Unfortunately, some of the posters signing up after my post didn't read it.

A review of said post can be viewed here