Udon Immigration Office Closed

For those who were used to going to Udon Aek Hospitial to the Immigration Office Forgetaboutit! One day it was business as usual and the next they completly moved out lock, stock, and barrel.

Insiders say its the new Immigration Chiefs idea to close the office which was open one or two times per week. Speculation is there is no reason to be helpful or easy to deal with when your holding two or three extra decks of cards and all the aces in a double dealing poker game. Buyer Beware, Living in Thailand without being a liar is getting more and more complecated. Sorry for the bad news but I hope it saves a couple folks a wasted trip to Udon, This is now a confirmed fact they are closed as I was there when they moved out.

At this time there is no plan to reopen the office but the hospital has asked them to consider it to deal with immigration issues related to health care of foriegn nationals in Udon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little surprised nobody commented on this, Has anyone been using their services in Udon before? I know a few older guys without transportation that used it without exception, now they will have no option but to go to Nong Khai which means tuk tuk on the highway from the train or bus.

This has been discussed on the Udon Thani forum, www.udonmap.com, and no one appeared to be greatly distressed by the closure of the Aek Hospitial Immigration Office sub branch. Personally, I preferred driving the extra 40 minutes to the main Nong Khai office due to the considerably better service provided.

The few times that I've been to AEK there were 15-20 people had of me. Not wanting to hang around all morning I preferred to drive to Nong Khai where I received good service and never had to wait more 10 minutes to be helped. Of course that will probably change now that AEK is closed :o