Taxi Service In Surin/prasat Especially? Or Bkk-surin

Nhscotsman

Hi,

I am curious if anyone knows if there is a regular taxi service in Prasat (20 minutes from Surin) or could anyone give me an idea of a taxi service with telephone number from Bangkok to Prasat? My fiancee arranged the ride before in May and it was 2300 or 2400 baht for the trip from BKK to Prasat and I'm going to surprise her in September, so my lack of Thai is hindering me. Farang Connection quoted a friend of mine 500/600 baht from Surin to Prasat which I thought was high, but understandably, he's not in the taxi business either, plus it's not Bangkok either. He has been wonderful with other information though and I'm anxious to see his place in Surin. But I thought if I could find a cab company in BKK and do the whole thing, I'd do it again.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you,

Nhscotsman

Edited by Nhscotsman

The cost of gasoline is going up and since it would be a round trip for a taxi, I would not like to pay 4000 but that may not be too high. A Thai friend of mine went to Pattaya from BKK one way at a cost of 1800 in a van with her boy friend just last month.

The cost of gasoline is going up and since it would be a round trip for a taxi, I would not like to pay 4000 but that may not be too high. A Thai friend of mine went to Pattaya from BKK one way at a cost of 1800 in a van with her boy friend just last month.

1,800...........................jeez. Normal Pattaya-Don Muang is 800. Don Muang -Pattaya you could get for 1,200. Don't know what they're charging to the new airport though. It is a lot nearer. The cheapest we have done Surin-Pattaya for was 2,000 baht. We had a load to pick up in Pattaya though, and he was a regular customer. Normal price is 3,500 if we have a pick up, 5,000 if we don't. Local cab firm charges 6,000-6,500.

• 3 weeks later...