My Updates Aren't Working Properly :(

ashacat

Hello guys,

I have bought a new acer laptop with Windows Vista and I have encountered a few problems.

Firstly, I cannot get the built in camera to work. When I first used the computer it worked OK. But now when I open the "Acer Crystal Eye Camera" software (which worked a few days ago) I get a message saying "HR: 8007007E". Then when I click OK, I get another message saying that the camera is busy!

Secondly, when it automatically downloads the Windows updates I get "2B26" error. The error occurs when it trys to download the "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2".

Thirdly, my "@" key is where my speech marks are ( " ), how can I change that?

Any ideas on how to solve these annoying problems???

1) Hmm, yes, the built in Acer camera drivers aren't great. The drivers for this seem to have a habit of locking the device thus making it inaccessable to any other programs even after the program that originally aquired the device has exited. After a reboot, if you go to your file explorer and locate the camera device and click on it do you get a picture?. I wouldn't expect too much from this device, mine is a pain in the ar*e. You could always try disabling/enabling it from the windows device manager.

2) Yes, me too, but haven't had time to look into this yet

3) You've probably got your keyboard layout set to US when it should be European or vice versa. Have a hack in Control Panel -> Regional and Language options -> Languages Tab -> Details Button -> Text Servcies and Input Languages.

Hope this helps

Malc

Guest Reimar

For the camera: Take a ride to Bangkok's Rama III Road where is the Acer Head Service Office. They will just fix it and buy an Driver DVD for just Baht 100.00 to get all new drivers! You'll need this DVD some days!!

About 2: if the laptop came with SQL Server 2005 preinstalled then they wasn't activated and that faces some problem. Let that one also check by Acer.

Don't forget to take the Invoice wioth you if you go to Acer!