Another Falang Bites The Dust !

Mai Krap

I guy walked up in my yard today all upset and said "Ive benn off to Bangkok and on ariving home have found everything missing". My first thought was here we go again another DRAMA. The wife was also missing and evidently made the getaway in his brand new truck with 2 new motercycles in the back leaving him afoot. He said he had invested 2.5 million baht but I was thinking he should look at it more as a donation to a devoloping nation. This topic has been around the block but I was just thinking Imagration could open a new office to deal with this, maybe a special VISA that says SUCKER, or a free t-shirt that says 'IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF IN THAILAND" just a thought.

Sounds strikingly similar to the end result of a divorce in the west .....

cept he didn't have to pay her lawyer,,alimony for 10 yrs and do a nite in jail because she accused him of sexual molest of everyone in the family cept the dog ,and spousal abuse. :o

I guy walked up in my yard today all upset and said "Ive benn off to Bangkok and on ariving home have found everything missing". My first thought was here we go again another DRAMA. The wife was also missing and evidently made the getaway in his brand new truck with 2 new motercycles in the back leaving him afoot. He said he had invested 2.5 million baht but I was thinking he should look at it more as a donation to a devoloping nation. This topic has been around the block but I was just thinking Imagration could open a new office to deal with this, maybe a special VISA that says SUCKER, or a free t-shirt that says 'IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF IN THAILAND" just a thought.

reminds me of the aussie guy who opened the black rose bar in karon beach phuket. he did the bar/house/bikes . he went home to aus and she rang him up and told him not to come back as she had another bloke thankyou very much .

he managed to swipe back one bike ...

because she accused him of sexual molest of everyone in the family cept the dog

Now that doesn't sound strikingly similar to the end result of a divorce in the west .....

OH but it does,I ran an AA meeting in a small town in northern california for a year or so and the women that were in a domestic violence shelter were sent by the staff to AA meetings.

I was told by some that it is easier to get a divorce with bennies if handeled by the dykes at the shelter,They had a standard bunch of forms that the women were required to sign if they wanted to stay there,some were just skid road bums that stayed there because it was a kinda flop house run on state funds,the more women,the more money, and they were signed up for welfare and state paid bennies.[medi-cal,welfare checks and educational bennies and signed up for county and state jobs.] and these forms included sexual abuse,physical abuse restraining orders,which a lot of the women told me were never commited by their husbands.

Granted there are nightmare cases in the west but I was in no way trying to compare the 2 systems. There can be much higher stakes financialy in the west with more long term disadvantages. Rarely is one told from his porch to go at gun point and never return where he has no other course of action. Nor does one usualy come home and find the house wrecked with all valuables removed where you have no further course of action. Here most cases are instant and final one may argue it is even a better system if not done at gun point. I dont believe anyone regaurds the system here dealing with falang males as fair. It was never intended to be fair, nor will it ever be fair. I just suggest one should try to understand the rules of the game and stash some money somewhere besides a joint bank account.

No different from the west really.

I had these neighbours. The young man went to work every morning.

One morning the lady had her her parents and a truck at home.

They emptied the appartment and disappeared.

I watched the poor young man coming home after his working day and crying on the front steps of his door.

whats new ?? just another fool ,there will be some more on the next plane :o if you havnt got the sense to take care of yourself,you deserve whats coming . is no different to the sick buffalo, this is just a larger withdrawal from the ATM

Some guys lose money some don't, same in every country. Since 1990 the only persons ever to rip me off where other farangs, friends borrowing money never to be seen again...............

I lent a Thaigirl from Bkk 15000 Baht 18 months ago, she once told me that she was starting a business in phuket and was unable to pay me back at the time, but she would not forget...........lo and behold she contacted me by e-mail asked for some details and paid the 15,000 baht into the account. 18 months, but she paid me when i had given it up.

I lent a good Farang mate 60,000 Baht 3 years ago, never heard another good word from him except the usual lies when he thought i was gonna go to Bkk to sort him. Sad f##ker.........

Nearly 14 years in Thailand, only other farangs have ripped me off by not paying back loan money. ..................................................Even some bargirls in Pattaya that i used to lend money to always paid me back............ well, sort of payment anyway :o

I was just taking the IMAGRATION angle on the subject. Since we agree the next plane load of suckers is on the tarmack getting in line to get there visas maybe they could get a special stamp, or maybe it could be a exit visa question like how much money did you loose,,,, 2,500,000. baht well you qaulify for a free airplane ticket and special visa if you deposit 1,000,000 baht in a Thai bank and you will also recieve a 30 day trial ELITE card with proof of deposit. Heres your T-SHIRT.

Some guys lose money some don't, same in every country. Since 1990 the only persons ever to rip me off where other farangs, friends borrowing money never to be seen again...............

I lent a Thaigirl from Bkk 15000 Baht 18 months ago, she once told me that she was starting a business in phuket and was unable to pay me back at the time, but she would not forget...........lo and behold she contacted me by e-mail asked for some details and paid the 15,000 baht into the account. 18 months, but she paid me when i had given it up.

I lent a good Farang mate 60,000 Baht 3 years ago, never heard another good  word from him except  the usual lies when he thought i was gonna go to Bkk to sort him. Sad f##ker.........

Nearly 14 years in Thailand, only other farangs have ripped me off by not paying back loan money. ..................................................Even some bargirls in Pattaya that i used to lend money to always paid me back............ well, sort of payment anyway  :o

Very nice post! :D

I've lived longer in this country than anywhere else.

My impression is that Thais might often look more dishonest on the surface;but,in reality,they are often times more honest deep inside than Farangs are! :D

Short term dishonest but long term honest! :wub:

I think this has a lot to do with family bonds;so,if you manage to hang around long enough to be considered like family then you will be treated fairly and squarely! :D

What goes around comes around! :D

Still it's silly to generalize too much because we're all individuals!

Cheers.

Snowleopard.