A Sobering Statistic

A Sobering Statistic

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of the U.S. involvement in Iraq here is a sobering statistic:

There has been a monthly average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2,867 deaths. That gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 persons for the same period.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington!

:o:D:D:D

A Sobering Statistic

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of the U.S. involvement in Iraq here is a sobering statistic:

There has been a monthly average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2,867 deaths. That gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 persons for the same period.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington!

:o:D:D:D

If it was not so sad a subject I would laugh about it !

I disagree with the maths as well, 160000/2867 gives a death rate of 1 in 56, multiply by 100000/160000 to get the death rate per 100000, this gives a rate of 35 deaths per 100000. If the figures for Washington are correct, it makes Iraq look a lot safer still.

moving to statistics section

:o and people ask why I like the aussies :D with sense of houmour like that ....how can I not :D

I agree, the statistics forum is one of the most entertaining and illuminating! Find it next to the swimming pool forum...