Finding Good Leather Shop?

loromond

Hi folks, I'm passing through Bangkok on my way from Australia to Ireland and I'm hopeing to get some decent cold weather gear. Basicly I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to point in the right direction with regards to finding some good leather shops. I'm speficly going to be looking for a full sized (preferably leather but durable and warm is only real consideration) trench coat (Jacket that goes down to the shins), so if anyone has seen anything like that in their travels please let me know. Im only going to be in BK for a day but I've been told an option may bo to go to a tailor and get it made for me and have them send it on later. Anyone got any advice or experience relating to that (does it cost alot to get something sent to EU/Ireland)?

Any help is appreciated so thanks all.

EDIT : I read that "Narayana Phand is the place to go for leather bargains during the day (opposite World Trade Centre on Ratchadamri Road), or at night, venture down to the Patpong Night Markets along Silom Road." Anyone been there and know what its like / have what im looking for?

Thanks again :o

Edited by loromond

There is a shop on Soi 1 near the corner of Sukhumvit which sells custom made shoes, vests, jackets, etc in leather. They might be able to help you. I;ve been in the shop but I've never bought anything there. I don't need leather clothes here in BKK. LOL

IMHO the best place to buy leather goods is 'the village' on Silom. Just continue walking on Silom after the sky train tracks made that left-turn to Chongnonsi. Takes about 15 min. The leather shops in the village are very well stocked and reasonably priced (albeit not cheap). And they are a real treasure trove - I had wanted something very special and got it there; shop-owner told me it's not produced anymore and that item in question had been in the shop for 10+ years.

Hi folks, I'm passing through Bangkok on my way from Australia to Ireland and I'm hopeing to get some decent cold weather gear. Basicly I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to point in the right direction with regards to finding some good leather shops.

Siam Bootery

Siam Bootery is located at 292-294 Sukhumvit Road right where it meets Sukhumvit Soi 19. Near a Skytrain stop, even numbered side of Sukhumvit.

I never bought anything there, only walked by several times.

Edited by karazyal