Dating A Policeman's Girlfriend

Ted

A few years back when I was just 23 years old I met the most beautiful, fun loving, educated and articulate Thai girl. I don’t think I was as necessarily as naive as the age might suggest. Having gained my first job in Hong Kong at 19 by the time I was 23 I was well travelled with many Asian anecdotes under the belt for someone of that age. A (not particularly close) friend of mine introduced me to his girlfriend one evening. She had travelled widely and had studied and lived overseas where they met before returning to Thailand. We got on well as a group - so well, in fact that she suggested we should go out again and she’d bring her single friend along with her.

I was thrilled with the opportunity to meet a Thai girl not from the industry and eagerly awaited the date. We arranged to meet up at a flash Italian restaurant in Bangkok and when I arrived on time the others were already sitting at the table. I was stunned by her beauty, and my friend cast me a ‘thought you’d be pleased’ look. She had recently finished university and seemed to come from a fairly middle class Bangkok family and we hit it off.

I was smitten with the girl and we spent more and more time with each other. One morning, the conversation turned to ex’s. As I was trying to turn the subject to the obligatory, ‘but farangs don’t cheat.’ she let on that her ex was one of Bangkok’s boys in brown. Having heard one or two stories as to the day to day corruption in Thailand I was less than thrilled. However, it got worse. I discovered that she still saw him from time to time, but ‘more as friends.’ But when that changed to, ‘I just need to find a time to break up with him properly.’ that was enough for me to be out of there.

Now a few years older, I look back on that decision from time to time. Sometimes I think it was quite possibly the wisest possible move I could have made as the situation could obviously have got very messy. But sometime I think as I’m yet to find a girl that matches up I was a pussy.

So my question - Would you have done the same?

Hmm. Classic story regarding the EDUCATED THAI woman... And lingusitic challenges... OLD BOY friend.. I had the same situation.. asked do you have and old boyfriend.. no he is young.. ...Well, Did this woman, ever give your phone number to her police boyfriend so he could start threatening you...

Actually, it was a wise move.. but you so have come away with some thing else more than a memory.

You get tired of being lied to about these types of things.. ONE better.... ever do it with a MP's mia noi.. and have the world come down on you.. Now that's a good urban legend..YEt it is the crazy stuff like this.. that make you smile afterwards...and then you recall the sweat you went through..

:o

'YEt it is the crazy stuff like this.. that make you smile afterwards...and then you recall the sweat you went through...'

A most wise response Rhys. Clearly your a man of experience!

Da cop in Thailand would like to think that he can do everything cuz they know that he won't be in trouble. Thai police society has a brother system. They don't find anything wrong if one of police did sth illegally. If they can help, they'll do it anyway. I don't know whether it makes senses to you.

And there are lots of beautiful educated girls in Bkk. May be you can find someone better....

Good luck.