Current Rules For Visa Run Ban Laem?

What are the current rules for the border run to Ban Laem?

I am on a multi Non-imm B. 3 months ago when I last went all that i needed was 1 passport photo for Cambodia visa. Now the visa run company is telling me that I need 2 passport photos, 1 for Thai, 1 for Cambodia and i need a photo copy of my passport???? Is the Ban Laem border crossing charging the 200 baht 'bus ticket' for people on non-imm visas? Any one on a non-imm visa recently done the border run to Ban Laem and have the latest info on current (ever changing) rules?

Thanks

I am on a multi Non-imm B. 3 months ago when I last went all that i needed was 1 passport photo for Cambodia visa. Now the visa run company is telling me that I need 2 passport photos, 1 for Thai, 1 for Cambodia and i need a photo copy of my passport???? Is the Ban Laem border crossing charging the 200 baht 'bus ticket' for people on non-imm visas? Any one on a non-imm visa recently done the border run to Ban Laem and have the latest info on current (ever changing) rules?

Thanks

For Visa holders like you please prepare 2photos and 1 copy of your ID page.

This current rule is in place sine 2month and it works fine for everybody.

People without a Visa can buy the 'Ticket' over there and no question ask.

OK...But exactly what is the 2nd photo being used for?

Simple. The Cambodian authorities want another passport photo as well as a copy of our passport ID page...........................................so they can forge replicas and sell them!!! :o

PS, wrote this as a joke, but on hindsight, hmmmmmmmm.......................!!! :D

no, it is thai immigration that is asking for the additional id photo and

copy of passport data page. they appeared to be "filing" it at the same

time they were checking your proof of onward travel "bus ticket".

it's all a bit of a joke anyway, it seems to have very little to do with

individuals possessing financial means of onward travel and more to

do with generating local income albeit through smoke and mirrors.

Note: we are referencing Ban Laem or Amphur Pong Nam Rawn.

no idea what's transpiring at other cambodian checkpoints.

Edited by cali4995

Thanks

I went to Ban Laem on Monday,and i guess i've got scammed!!??

An "Agent" met me at the Thai-side,and filled out the paperwork,just like they do in Poi Pet for a small fee offcourse.

At the Cambodia side i paid 1000bath for the visa :D .

After this the Agent told me that i need a bus-ticket-200bath,and another fee-1050bath. All together 1250bath........ :o

The bus-ticket is kind of ok,but the other "fee" must be a scam.

I told the agent,just forget it,and he said this some new rule between Thailand&Cambodia.And i could try to go back in to Thailand,but they won't let me in unless i had the right paperwork.

Let me know if somebody have had the same experience.

• 8 months later...