Good Budget Hotels In Pattaya

xaviator

hey everyone..ill be visiting pattaya for a few days on 24th of august approx. from australia....can anyone suggest gud budget hotels...looking to spend abt 500 Baht.

And also places that you can go around in approx. 2 and a half days...any tourist visiting pattaya the same time and wants to catch up..do pm me...cheers...

i also wanted to know whether there is a cloak room at thailand international airport where u can keep ur big size suitcase for a few days and how much wd they cost??

for years id thought about making a directory -but charge a bit for user fee as it would be lots of hassle collecting photos, etc... also have a service to make reservations to the small places - but thought about a bunch of small charges going thru my bank. i dontthink anyone would pay in the end

day night htl - i would not recommend.

Agree that the list is very impressive, and complete...

But does anyone know what the difference in rate between the 100 baht rooms per night, and the 200 baht rooms per night is at the Bar Norge, on Soi Yamato? In other words, what do you get for the extra 100 baht?

And is breakfast included in the rate? Does the air/con work o.k.? Is there a concierge? Do they have any frequent stayer promotions, like for upgrades and free stuff?

100 baht might be the "short-time" price WeHo. Seriously, most of those advertised prices are so out-of -date, the actual figure is twice the price on the sign. And then there are the places that have separate prices for Thais and foreigners. We really need a local consumer advocate to evaluate some of these restaurants, customer service at these local businesses, the whole range because there is no standard to anything here. Someone who is fearless, unafraid, laughs in the face of danger. WeHo? Anyone? :o

:o Hey Weho....Good to see your input agin, you have been missed...

well gawd bless you for noticing!

and to the prior poster, I don't think the 100 baht rate is the hourly rate. that would taint the place's pristine reputation to suggest they might even have so-called "hourly rates". In fact, I believe it is the weekly rate.

For hotels, click here and take your pick.

There is a 'left baggage' room at the airport but be careful. A growing number of people have reported thefts from their suitcases.

Some of those rates were out-of-date 10 years ago. When was this web-site last updated?

Penthouse, for instance. 400 - 400. Minimum is now about 700, and the Babylon Suites are in the 3,000 and up category.

Agree that the list is very impressive, and complete...

But does anyone know what the difference in rate between the 100 baht rooms per night, and the 200 baht rooms per night is at the Bar Norge, on Soi Yamato? In other words, what do you get for the extra 100 baht?

And is breakfast included in the rate? Does the air/con work o.k.? Is there a concierge? Do they have any frequent stayer promotions, like for upgrades and free stuff?

welcome back Weho,

palm gardens top of 2nd road near the dolphin round about 5 mins from the bus station and last time i was there it was 550,a night

That's certainly out of date. It's now over 800 - may even be higher in high season - but the rooms have been renovated.

Some of those rates were out-of-date 10 years ago. When was this web-site last updated?

Many hotels increase their rates every two or three years, so any compiled list of hotels will soon become outdated unless the list is updated on a regular basis.

The list of hotels that I posted is now a few years old, but the contact information contained in the list should still be current. It only takes an email or telephone enquiry to ascertain todays room rates.

Click here for another list of hotels....but these prices may also be out of date.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

around the back of Carrefour supermarket u will find Navin mansions,.....newly built as far as I could see,...500 baht per night,...safe secure,....clean,..... air con,,......roomy but no swimming pool though,..... still have a walk to the beach!

Many hotels increase their rates every two or three years, so any compiled list of hotels will soon become outdated unless the list is updated on a regular basis.

The list of hotels that I posted is now a few years old, but the contact information contained in the list should still be current. It only takes an email or telephone enquiry to ascertain todays room rates.

Click here for another list of hotels....but these prices may also be out of date.

Not criticising you MM, but the hotel list (first one that you linked to) was supposedly updated in mid-2007. Therefore people would assume that they could go to such-and-such and so-and-so within their budget. When they contact the hotels and find the rates are 50% up on the quotes, they could very well dismiss Pattaya and/or Thailand from their plans - go to Lombok or Langkawi instead.

Publishing inaccurate guides does not help the tourist trade and these web-sites should check their entries (or ask for hotel confiirmation) more frequently and more carefully.

Original Poster

You also asked about places to visit in the Eastern Seabord area.

This has been done to death on this forum and if you check back a few pages you will find enough suggestions to last a year - depending on your tastes and whether you are on your own or with family.

Not criticising you MM, but the hotel list (first one that you linked to) was supposedly updated in mid-2007. Therefore people would assume that they could go to such-and-such and so-and-so within their budget. When they contact the hotels and find the rates are 50% up on the quotes, they could very well dismiss Pattaya and/or Thailand from their plans - go to Lombok or Langkawi instead.

Publishing inaccurate guides does not help the tourist trade and these web-sites should check their entries (or ask for hotel confiirmation) more frequently and more carefully.

What you state may well be true of some of the hotels on that first list but the hotel that I regularly stay at is actually a lot cheaper than the price listed. The neighboring hotels are also a lot cheaper than the prices listed. (I am referring mainly to low season prices but the high season prices are also well within the price range mentioned.)

Taking all into account, I would regard any comprehensive list of hotels, albeit slightly out of date regarding prices, as more advantageous than no list at all.