A Huge Injustice At Big C Movie Theatres...

Weho

This incident occurred last week... but I've been stewing about it for a while, and I need an outlet to warn others.

I went by myself to an afternoon show of that so-called "Bourne whatever" movie... by the way, horrible movie.. Matt Damon has to be the worst actor in the history of the cinema... just one car chase after the next... what a waste... In any event, here's my injustice:

I went to the ticket office, pointed the screen the seat I wanted... it was about halfway back, in the center... there were three empty seats together, right in the center of the MOST popular row. I said I'll take this seat in the MIDDLE... The guy said, "no can do, you must take seat on end, so if two people show up, they can sit together". I was ready for war. Obviously, I wanted the middle seat, cause there was little liklihood a single person would show up so close to showtime, and I figured it was a good risk that I would not have to deal with people next to me, like fighting over the armrest, (even though I always, ALWAYS win those territorial disputes).

I politely asked, "where is the sign that says you get to decide on my behalf, what seat I take, when there are lots of vacant seats?" He he starts to give me the same lecture about the PLIGHT, the AGONY of my not allowing two people to sit together. I said, "I don't care... that's not my problem... there are LOTS of other seats they can take, in the very front, in the very rear, I don't care... but I WANT THAT MIDDLE SEAT."

Then the big manager comes over, gives me the same lecture about the PLIGHT of separating a couple... I told him, "that's not my frickin' problem... maybe next time, they will get here early LIKE I DID... now sell me that seat, or I'll contact the TOURIST POLICE."

So he sells me the seat, very politely. I figure I had won. I figured I taught them a valuable lesson, at no charge, about the rights of consumers.

But he had the last laugh. About 30 seconds to showtime, all of the sudden, two guys show up, they were together, and THEY SAT ON EACH SIDE OF ME... I was now sandwiched in between TWO THAI MEN. I had quick visions of double armrest rights... maybe one of them would open some crackling plastic bag, and make noise. I figured the ticket dude wanted REVENGE on me, and found two guys, maybe told them "I'll give you FREE tickets to this movie, IF you don't mind NOT sitting together, and you MUST take these two seats, and NOT move..." I'm sure of it.

But as the tribute music to the King came on, I was kvelling so much, I was moved with such emotion, and completely forgot about how awful I thought the rest of the movie-going experience was going to be... all the preview passed, without incident, and I figured all would be ok... and it was. The guys didn't smell, didn't make noise... but why would they consent to sit apart, when lots of other seats WERE still available...

I still feel that manager was up to something.

Something I couldn't prove.

So my suggestion, when selecting seats, pick the seat that looks like NO ONE else will want to be next to you, and don't let them walk all over you.

RE: the popcorn question:

That can be an issue, since the popcorn/drink holder is not assigned to one seat... and I've been to theatres where one person will immediately HOG both holders. This is usery.

Imagine if both of the Thais that sat next to me, each used the popcorn/drink holder in the armrest, adjacent to MY seat? The horror of it all.

But I don't eat theatre popcorn for lots of reasons.. and I hate when someone behind me starts loudly CHOMPING on popcorn.

I am familiar with the "popcorn trick", popular in the 80's and 90's, where you cut out the bottom of a popcorn cup, and, ... well, I think you know the rest of the "trick"... use your immigationa.

You'll get it.

...there were three empty seats together, right in the center of the MOST popular row. I said I'll take this seat in the MIDDLE...

:o Just think of the avoidance of frustration, and stress over stewing about this had you selected either the right or left most of the 3 seats. Aside from this, you would have done a humanitarian sevice to the world by reducing the PLIGHT, the AGONY of your fellow man.

RE: the popcorn question:

I am familiar with the "popcorn trick", popular in the 80's and 90's, where you cut out the bottom of a popcorn cup, and, ... well, I think you know the rest of the "trick"... use your immigationa.

You'll get it.

Unfortunately, the popcorn trick is becoming obsolete. New plastic cups make it quite dangerous for members of the audience.

I really think that we could put bandwidth to much better use than this (for want of better words a troll post ).

Weho this is a public warning that your posts concerning the major issues in your own little world and which appear to be trying to incite other members to react against establishment reputations are what are known as troll posts and therefore will not be tolerated any longer.

Topic :o