Western Tv With Thai G/f

Insight

Just curious...

I get a good response when watching the following UK comedies with my g/f:

Father Ted - Lots of silly visual humour

Faulty Towers - Easy to relate to Manwell's language barrier

The Fast Show - Drawing parallels with Scorchio TV and Thai TV

Any suggestions that go down well with you and your other half?

"Funniest Home Videos" was a great hit with the GF. It was the only show she actually knew the schedule for. Unfortunately, a move swithed us from Sophon to Banglamung cable and can't seem to find it.

Silly slapstick seems to be her thing. She also likes Mr. Bean. I want to get some "Three Stooges" videos to try out on her.

I showed my students ‘A Knights Tale’ which has romance, sword fighting and is humorous in both a subtle and obvious ways and the classic plot of poor boy becomes champion, defeats oblivious ‘Mr. Evil Villain’ gets the girl and every one lives happily ever after – well they loved it. That kind of classic story has universal appeal.

Just curious...

I get a good response when watching the following UK comedies with my g/f:

Father Ted - Lots of silly visual humour

Faulty Towers - Easy to relate to Manwell's language barrier

The Fast Show - Drawing parallels with Scorchio TV and Thai TV

Any suggestions that go down well with you and your other half?

An origional copy of the old standby Linda Baby in DEEP THROAT should really get her interest. or a copy of "Linda Lovelace For President" was funny.

When the Thai soaps come on I flee like a yorkie up for the next shout ( :o ).

:D

I am sure most of you have noticed that there is way too much 'exaggeration'/'overacting' in Thai soap operas. Don't the makers of the soaps hire a proper 'acting coach' (I am not sure if this is the correct term in English) ?

Regards,

Jem

When the Thai soaps come on I flee like a yorkie up for the next shout ( :o ).

:D

I am sure most of you have noticed that there is way too much 'exaggeration'/'overacting' in Thai soap operas. Don't the makers of the soaps hire a proper 'acting coach' (I am not sure if this is the correct term in English) ?

Regards,

Jem

dont understand all of the language,but the Thai soaps are way more exciting than the american ones!

And the girls are much sexier!!

My girl def likes the funniest home video programmes.

Fashion TV Also rates as does The Nanny!!!

Since we still live in the US, my wife watches more American shows than I do. It took her a while to get used to but now she cant stop talking about how US shows are so much better than Thai shows. She likes Friends, Threes Company, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Nanny, Wheel of Fortune and simply loves The Food Network since shes a chef. I even got her hooked on watching Chicago Cub games with me. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

Since we still live in the US, my wife watches more American shows than I do. It took her a while to get used to but now she cant stop talking about how US shows are so much better than Thai shows. She likes Friends, Threes Company, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Nanny, Wheel of Fortune and simply loves The Food Network since shes a chef. I even got her hooked on watching Chicago Cub games with me. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

Joey,

Cubs games???? What's your corrective action plan..?

/// dfw

"Mr Bean" goes without saying.

The odd "Only Fools and Horses", but not all.

She loves "CSI" and "East Enders" when in the UK.

"Home Videos".

She hates cartoons for no apparant reason - thinks they are just for kids - and moans if I watch "Simpsons" or "Futurama", she has never seen them and will NOT watch them.

Any movies with "Steven Segall", "Bruce Willis" or "Jackie Chan" in (Jackie 'cos he's funny, the others 'cos she has a crush on them).

She doesn't watch much TV. Usually to relax she will listen to Thai music (and some western heart-string-rock like Aerosmith's "don't want to miss a thing"), watch Thai comedy VCD's or play her Kim.