Thai's Going Back To Finish School?

Yimmy

My GF is on about going back to finish Highschool, which she left when she 14. She said she knows of someone who completed her schooling by studying at home for a year and a half and doing evening/weekend classes(I'd imagine).

Can anybody lend some info on what options are available for Thai's to 'go back to school'?

Thanks.

My ex-GF went back to finish her HS diploma. Took about a year and a half on weekends and some week nights I believe. It is easy and lots of Thais do it. They feel real proud (and rightly so) when they finally get "THE DOCUMENT".

Lots of schools around for adults; she should be able to find one easy

Edited by candoman89

I can't remember the initials commonly used in Thai, but in English it is "Non-formal Education". Available at most high schools in Bangkok or upcountry, and used by a far greater percentage of the population than in western countries. Cost varies depending on number of courses taken, but a ballpark guess is no more than 1000 baht/course/semester.

If you don't trust your girlfriend, don't pay her, pay the school.

I can't remember the initials commonly used in Thai, but in English it is "Non-formal Education". Available at most high schools in Bangkok or upcountry, and used by a far greater percentage of the population than in western countries. Cost varies depending on number of courses taken, but a ballpark guess is no more than 1000 baht/course/semester.

If you don't trust your girlfriend, don't pay her, pay the school.

It's called 'Gor Sor Nor'.