Hiring Car From Budget Petchaburi Rd. Bangkok

asiancup2007

Hi there.

Heading to bangkok and hoping to hire a car there for 3 weeks or so.

I hired a vigo in Korat at budget last time but want to start and finish in bangkok

this time. Whats the best way to get onto the expressway from budget

in petchaburi road?

Judging from my observations I could get onto sukhuvmit road and get on

near the train tracks where ploenchit rd starts. any ideas? Anyone hired

a car from Budget in this location? Coming back into Bangkok would

be a little more daunting...I'll have a thai gf with me. Any suggestions

on the best time to arrive back in Bangkok regards traffic.

Thanks.

Hi there.

I hired a vigo in Korat at budget last time but want to start and finish in bangkok

in petchaburi road?

Thanks.

Don't know the answer, but full marks for bravery..

• 2 weeks later...

I've hired 3 times from Thai-Car-Rent on New Petchaburi road (Cheaper than Budget - ~500b/d for a 4WD twin cab pickup!!).

Anyway, loads of signs for the new airport - just follow those and keep going past it.

(unlike my trip south when I took 2 hours to get out of BKK).

BTW, Thaicar rent will deliver to the airport at no extra cost, so maybe a better option (misses the really heavy trafic), but no idea if buget do also.

HaveFun.!!!

Edit--sorry I misread - you're heading to Korat.. But you could go via Chaochensao, and then up across Khoa Yia. Nice Road but watch the oncoming busses in the middle.

Edited by steve73

Not easy in BKK, lots of one-ways but try this..

follow Petchaburi Rd east, onto Rama VI northbound

bear right off Rama VI, heading for Din Deang and onto Viphawadi/Rangsit Rd (follow signs to Don Muang)

go past Don Muang Airport, joining Phanonyothin Rd (Route 1) and head for Saraburi

Bypass Saraburi (on Route 1) heading west to join Route 2

stay on route 2 to korat

This is how i got out of the city when i stayed on Samsen Rd recently

It would be quicker to get on the expressway at the entrance directly on Petchaburi road. You have to carry straight on at the intersection with Soi Asoke which you might be able to take the bride over if they have allowed 2 way traffic. Pass the Sukhumwit Soi 3 turn off as your heading west. The entrance is on the left as you cross a train track and you can see the expressway above as your approaching so you shouldn’t miss it. Its about 10 mins from RCA When you get on follow the signs for Din Daeng and then Wipawadi Rangsit.

Another way would be to leave RCA from the north on Rama 9 road (this is the end where Budget is) I think you have to turn left so do that and take a U turn as soon as you can. Pass RCA again on the opposite side and shortly you will arrive at the entrance to the expressway. Again follow the sign to Din Daeng and Wippawadi Rangsit.

If you cant U turn then carry on going straight and after 15 mins you will reach another entrance to Wipawadi Rangsit road at Din Daeng.

It would be quicker to get on the expressway at the entrance directly on Petchaburi road. You have to carry straight on at the intersection with Soi Asoke which you might be able to take the bride over if they have allowed 2 way traffic. Pass the Sukhumwit Soi 3 turn off as your heading west. The entrance is on the left as you cross a train track and you can see the expressway above as your approaching so you shouldn’t miss it. Its about 10 mins from RCA When you get on follow the signs for Din Daeng and then Wipawadi Rangsit.

Another way would be to leave RCA from the north on Rama 9 road (this is the end where Budget is) I think you have to turn left so do that and take a U turn as soon as you can. Pass RCA again on the opposite side and shortly you will arrive at the entrance to the expressway. Again follow the sign to Din Daeng and Wippawadi Rangsit.

If you cant U turn then carry on going straight and after 15 mins you will reach another entrance to Wipawadi Rangsit road at Din Daeng.

forget this.. far too complicated for the sake of 10-20 minutes save time (if that)

Stick to to my original post/route, west of Petburi Rd onto Rama VI.. etc.. etc.. etc..

very easy and the best way out of the city.

Edited by Goshawk

Sorry but you dont have a clue what your talking about.

If you go west along Petchaburi road then join the expressway from Petchaburi road! There is no need to drive to Rama VI road and go north. If you are staying on Samsen road then its not such a bad way (still not the simplest or quickest though). However RCA is not near Samsen Road so why suggest the same route? And BTW last time I drove from RCA to Rama VI it took an hour. Going west there is only one or two lanes.

beg to differ

YOU obviously don't know anything about driving around BKK (forget studyng a map, it don't work like that in reality). My wifes cousin is a meter taxi driver in the city and he confirms my directions for an easy exit from the downtown area of Petburi Rd.

:o

I dont care if he is a taxi driver, he is wrong. It is not the most direct and it is not the quickest as it invloves driving through one of the areas with the worst traffic in Bangkok and doing a loop back on yourself to near where you started.

I dont care if he is a taxi driver, he is wrong. It is not the most direct and it is not the quickest as it invloves driving through one of the areas with the worst traffic in Bangkok and doing a loop back on yourself to near where you started.

It is the easiest way for a newbie to BKK driving, which is what the OP probably is.. and as he wants uncomplicated directions (ie. not yours), mine (and Phi Ting's) are those.. now shut up..

Edited by Goshawk

It is not the easiest way. You dont even seem to live in BKK so what makes you think you know the way better? The reason your directions are simple is because they miss alot of stuff out, such as victory monument.

Bangkok-Map.jpg

Blue - Complicated route, heavy traffic, does not use the expressway

Red - Same as blue at first but goes onto the expressway quickly and takes you directly to where blue was trying to take you without the heavy traffic or complicated junctions.

Green - Most simple, leave RCA from the north along Rama 9, takes you to the start of Wipawadi Rangsit.

Yellow - Takes you the same way as green but using the expressway, have to make a couple of U turns so can be confusing.

The blobs are where you enter the expressway for each route.

Note the areas with heavy congestion.

Edited by madjbs

It is not the easiest way. You dont even seem to live in BKK so what makes you think you know the way better? The reason your directions are simple is because they miss alot of stuff out, such as victory monument.

Bangkok-Map.jpg

Blue - Complicated route, heavy traffic, does not use the expressway

Red - Same as blue at first but goes onto the expressway quickly and takes you directly to where blue was trying to take you without the heavy traffic or complicated junctions.

Green - Most simple, leave RCA from the north along Rama 9, takes you to the start of Wipawadi Rangsit.

Yellow - Takes you the same way as green but using the expressway, have to make a couple of U turns so can be confusing.

The blobs are where you enter the expressway for each route.

Note the areas with heavy congestion.

you've spent too much time on this.. but thanks for the map anyway.. great stuff !

OP, strictly follow the blue line if you want an easy, uncomplicated way out of this part of the city

You say that you were staying on Samsen Road, then you say your taxi driver friend gave you your directions to get out of the city. So why would you 100% assume these directions are the same for somebody that wants to leave from RCA? RCA is in a completly different area of the city to Samsen Road.

OP follow my instructions, you'll be ok.

Madbits, i'm not getting into a silly competition with you on here. If you want such then please feel free to PM me, where we can discuss all night & day our knowledge of the BKK roads, safely away from the public forum. I'll say no more here...

The only thing silly here is YOU. You’re advising someone to drive past the expressway entrance of the road they want to go down, you then advise them to drive past another 2 or 3 entrances to the expressway in order so they can drive in a big loop around back to an entrance of the SAME road that they drove past an hour earlier. I don’t know why I need to argue with you either, anybody with half a brain cell can see which way is easier. You just cant admit that you are WRONG

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there.

in petchaburi road?

Thanks.

Try www.qcleasing.com