Conveyor Belt (kaiten) Sushi In Bangkok?

cyborgx

As I am only a very occasional tourist to BKK from CM, apologies for the poor directions.

There is such a sushi bar in the semi basement of a very tall business building on I believe Rama IV right in the Silom area, the street with the skytrain on it. There is a French Croisont Place nearby and many food shops. Across the street where most of the bars are you will find a Japanese noodle shop, etc. If I am not wrong, the restaurant is near the back of the basement area accessed by wide steps leading down in the very center of the building and it is north of the Saleng Deng sky train station.

Best I could do, sorry. Hopefully a Bangkokean will know the restaurant I am talking about and give you more precise directions.

MBK has a sushi restaurant with a conveyor belt. Sorry, can't remember the name but I think its on the 3rd floor (could be 2nd but I think 3rd) near the Tokyu dept store.

I went in there once, and it didn't look so fresh, IMHO. Did you have a good experience there? Maybe I just went on a bad day.

I've also seen one on Silom, called (I think) Oishi -- it's pretty cheap, like 100-200B, Thai teenagers seem to go there, and also has (I forget what this is called) sukiyaki (like hot pot?)

Thanks for all the imput guys, great info.

I went to the Oishi Shabushi on Silom (by Saladeang MTS) and whilst cheap is was not really what I was after. Whilst it did have the conveyor belt, it was more of a Thai Suki bar (with a soup bowl to cook your own food) and very little Sushi. It was cheap at Bt.199/person all you can eat for 1hour 15mins, but in that time I saw ONE plate of Salmon Sushi. You can order plates not on the conveyor belt from the waiters if you want, but it's a chore.

From other research and this forum I have so far got a few others to find/check out.

Maybe in the basement under Silom Complex or opposite Patpong under McDonalds at the back?

Maybe MBK at Fuji end, 2nd or 3rd floor?

Fortune Ground floor, just inside entrance by the MRT

2nd Floor Carrefour Ratchada

Sakae and Genki Sushi? – Singaporean but don’t know where or if it’s even still open

Kobune 1st Floor World Trade Centre? Or Also 29/103-104 Royal City Avenue Rama 9 Road

any clarifications/updates on these greatly appreciated

Edited by cyborgx

Took a look in the basement of CP Tower (opposite Patpong). There is a Japanese restaurant with a Kaiten conveyor belt, but at around 4pm there were no customers, so it wasn't even moving. Looked clean though, and they even had hygenic clear plastic covers over the plates of food on the conveyor belt, which was a nice surprise.

• 4 years later...

Nice looking new one in the recently opened Central Rama 9 center. Only walked by and looked at it for now, haven't tried it yet. Plan to next time I am there with my Ms.

Edited by cdnvic
Closed- duplicate topic