Jewelry Question

h5n1

I have some scrap jewelry that I'd like to have made into a ring(s):

Man's ring 10k - can i give to a jeweler to melt down for me OR can this be sold to the gold shops in thailand

Woman's pendant - years ago I bought this off a backpacker. It has a 'sapphire' (i paid him only for the weight - less us25) - It looks(ed) like decent jewelry, but I felt sorry for him. He got caught up in a scam in Thailand (I met him in Indonesia with far fewer shops and they did not want to buy gold from toursit). It also has tiny 'diamonds' (?).

I'd like to add pure gold to the 10k ring to bring it all to 18K/750 and have the stones reset to make 1 or two rings. I also have a small but very nice blue-white diamond that was set in the former (but the blk onyx broke).

Also does anyone know where someone could copy a university ring? The ring does not look like a typical grade school graduation. It's smooth all around with the school signet on the front -very detailed.

I also have a bunch of scrap silver I'd like to have melted into something tangible - Cambodia/Lao?

Another point, I was thinking to have the gold thing done in Cambodia. lots of small jewelers

Finally - how would i handle the valuable stones with the jewelers? I don't think I'd want to leave them with the person/shop.

Thank you -

• 2 months later...
I have some scrap jewelry that I'd like to have made into a ring(s):

Man's ring 10k - can i give to a jeweler to melt down for me OR can this be sold to the gold shops in thailand

Woman's pendant - years ago I bought this off a backpacker. It has a 'sapphire' (i paid him only for the weight - less us25) - It looks(ed) like decent jewelry, but I felt sorry for him. He got caught up in a scam in Thailand (I met him in Indonesia with far fewer shops and they did not want to buy gold from toursit). It also has tiny 'diamonds' (?).

I'd like to add pure gold to the 10k ring to bring it all to 18K/750 and have the stones reset to make 1 or two rings. I also have a small but very nice blue-white diamond that was set in the former (but the blk onyx broke).

Also does anyone know where someone could copy a university ring? The ring does not look like a typical grade school graduation. It's smooth all around with the school signet on the front -very detailed.

I also have a bunch of scrap silver I'd like to have melted into something tangible - Cambodia/Lao?

Another point, I was thinking to have the gold thing done in Cambodia. lots of small jewelers

Finally - how would i handle the valuable stones with the jewelers? I don't think I'd want to leave them with the person/shop.

Thank you -

If I want to buy some jewelry such as diamonds I can use price from this website

http://www.amazing-sales.com/ to compair or not?