I Got Some Good News From Qatar Airways

colino

I flew back to LOS 8th august with Qatar Airways . but had a 6 hour delay at Doha due to tech problems,, the staff were really good and supplied unlimited food and drinks , also a staff member said that we should send an e-mail to the company about the delay , so thats what i did ,, got the reply today saying how sorry they were and would i except a credit note known as a MCO order for $250us off any future Ticket or services and they have faxed it to the bangkok office ,,

fair play Award goes to Qatar Airways

Just thought it would be nice to have a positive post about an Airline for once

colino

the last 5 times i have been to LOS i have flown with qatar from madrid.

they have always been good and very helpful

it is refreshing to see that someone else finds the same

and their air miles programme is excellent, partners with star alliance member lufthansa

I flew back to LOS 8th august with Qatar Airways . but had a 6 hour delay at Doha due to tech problems,, the staff were really good and supplied unlimited food and drinks , also a staff member said that we should send an e-mail to the company about the delay , so thats what i did ,, got the reply today saying how sorry they were and would i except a credit note known as a MCO order for $250us off any future Ticket or services and they have faxed it to the bangkok office ,,

fair play Award goes to Qatar Airways

Just thought it would be nice to have a positive post about an Airline for once

colino

Good post. Wish more people would post positive experiences.

cheers

onzestan

I live and work in Qatar so all my businesss trips and vacations are with Qatar Airways. I've read and experienced long delays with them over the last two years but they are slowly improving and with the completion of the new airport I expect to see them rated as one of the best.

My worst experience was a busniess trip to Japan I was delayed in the Osaka business lounge from six in the evening until midnight the next day!! 30 hours delay. This was due to a mechanical problem and no Qatar flights flying to Osaka the following day! eventually they agreed to send me via Bangkok with an overnight stay ( :o )

I was refunded 500$ after I sent a letter complaining about the delay. The worst part of the experience was running out of Jack Daniels in the business lounge + they tried to kick us out at 02:00am because the lounge was meant to close?

I have flown all around the world. Never got nothing off nobody, ne'er an upgrade in sight, no vouchers, no nothing. Giv'us some tips. P.s. I hate complaining but I've never really had 'owt to complain about.

No, come to think about. I was delayed 24 hours in London by Philippines Airlines. They gave me a hotel room and a free phone call.

if you are seriously delayed ----- complain to airline and ask for compensation

if you fly a lot join a frequent flyer programme and get air miles

i am a member of qatar airlines priviledge club and will get free trip

for my next visit

if you are based in los use star alliance --- thai lufthansa etc and join their air miles scheme

if you are overbooked volunteer for alternative flight if you dont mind arriving a bit later

One time when i was checking in at Eva at BKK they asked for a volunteer as they had over booked they offered next avalable flight (next day) 6000 baht hotel in bangkok with full board and taxi fare paid i stepped forward and went for it , they gave me a pass to first class lounge while they waited to see if they needed my flight , it was great free food and beer the lot , and me getting all excited about having a free night in BKK with 6grand to blow , then they called me and said its ok you can catch this flight i was gutted , so i grabbed a few beers and some sandwiches and boarded the poxy plane :o

after all the positive messages above about Qatar Airlines, I must say that I have flown Qatar once and it was, hands down, the worst experience I have ever had with an airline ever.

my trip was from BKK to Yemen, via Doha.

1. the plane was supposed to depart BKK at 830am. we didnt because of mechanical problem. Qatar kept pushing back the departure saying it would be a few hours. Finally, this lasted until mid-afternoon. they sent us to the Novotel at Suwanapum for a meal. expected departure that evening. well that didnt happen. stayed the night at the hotel there. in the morning, took off on the following day's 830am flight to Doha. Qatar at BKK at checkin said that i needed to get the boarding pass for the doha-yemen flight from the doha "transfer desk" because that leg of the trip was a code share flight with their "partner" yemeni airlines.

2. get to Doha, the transfer desk says they cant help me. why? because i have an e-ticket. and Yemeni Airlines cant handle e-tickets, only paper tickets. went round and round on this up the ladder of command at the transfer desk. bottom line, the Yemeni Airlines manager in Doha said "no way" because Qatar would not issue a letter guaranteeing payment. some kind of parnter code share they are. i watched my flight take off from doha without me with Qatar promising to put me on a qatar flight to yemen the NEXT morning.

3. so now the challenge was to get out of the Doha airport to the hotel qatar air arranged. since i had never planned on visiting qatar in this trip, i didnt have a visa. no problem (says the transfer desk) we'll take care of everything. after about 2+ hours, im still waiting. i catch the manager and ask whats up. he says "oh you are still here??". i dont know what he was thinking. they scurried around for another hour while i stewed. finally they come back and say "oh the problem is you dont have a ticket." how do you figure that? how did i get from bkk to doha without a ticket? we have no idea sir, but you dont have a ticket. we've looked everywhere. two more hours pass, finally someone somehow locates my eticket in the computer. i tell them "give me the eticket number, i want it". oh thats not necessary sir.."dont care, give it to me now". so i get the number, the visa is processed and im on my way for a night in doha.

4. next morning, qatar air says i have to be back at the airport at 530am. oh boy. get there. there is a special check in desk at the airport for customers with this type of situation (i think thats not a good sign). my flight is at 730am. although i am first in line, they cant (you guessed) find my boarding pass. the only one working at this counter must leave it, walk to the other side of the airport and come back looking for and/or trying to get boarding passes. why he is the only one working, who knows. there are many qatar air staff in the checkin area with nothing to do and looking board socializing with each other. he makes several trips to the backroom (each trip takes 10-15mins). finally says "oh you dont have a boarding pass because you dont have a ticket. we cant locate a ticket for you". so i pull out the eticket number (the number i would never ever possibly need and had to almost literally twist their arms to give it to me the previous day). this allows them to find the ticket and within 30 mins they manage to get a boarding pass into my hand just as the final boarding call at 7am is being announced for this 730am departure.

yes i did write a letter and complain. never heard anything back.

I have flown Qatar Airlines over a dozen times in the last two years, always had positive experiences.

They have a dedicated Business/First Class terminal which is an added bonus

://  Typo

Edited by pampal

for my next visit

if you are based in los use star alliance --- thai lufthansa etc and join their air miles scheme

if you are overbooked volunteer for alternative flight if you dont mind arriving a bit later

Make sure you book well in advance I'm struggling to get a ticket with my airmiles (wanting to fly in March and it's half term) several times I've tried to book a ticket with air miles for several dates with no luck. I now have a stash of miles.

I have flown Qatar Airlines over a dozen times in the last two years, always had positive experiences.

They have a dedicated Business/First Class terminal which is an added bonus

://  Typo

Great Martini bar in the first class lounge had several different ones last week before flying to Abu Dhabi :o

Edited by ChangMaiSausage

for my next visit

Make sure you book well in advance I'm struggling to get a ticket with my airmiles (wanting to fly in March and it's half term) several times I've tried to book a ticket with air miles for several dates with no luck. I now have a stash of miles.

Who are you trying to redeem miles with? I have Star Alliance and One World FF cards and a stack of miles on both ... but One World are right b******s about letting you redeem them :o whereas Star seem much more user friendly.

for my next visit

Who are you trying to redeem miles with? I have Star Alliance and One World FF cards and a stack of miles on both ... but One World are right b******s about letting you redeem them :o whereas Star seem much more user friendly.

Qatar Airways