Brazilian Steak House

Mahseer

Has anyone visited the so called Brazilian steak house at the Sofitel? The price quoted is 820baht++ which is heavy but they have a promotion on which is buy one get one free which makes it highly reasonable but exact cut of steak was not quoted when I called to see if they were open.

Anyone tried it?

Has anyone visited the so called Brazilian steak house at the Sofitel? The price quoted is 820baht++ which is heavy but they have a promotion on which is buy one get one free which makes it highly reasonable but exact cut of steak was not quoted when I called to see if they were open.

Anyone tried it?

Haven't tried it and to be honest never even knew it was there.

I will be interested to see what the reports are when you one of out intrepid steak hounds gets there. All we need then is to find out it also has ribs, pizza, and burgers to start up another one of the ever popular food fights.

CB

Hi

I have been a couple of times and really liked it.... They offer a set menu, with salad and/or soups to start and then a big selection grilled meats/fish, following by a selection of deserts. The restaurant give you a light for your table, if you leave it flashing they keep bringing the meats/fish until you stop it. The portions of meat/fish aren't huge but varied; I had steak, beef, lamb, pork, chicken, prawns, squid, salmon and swordfish! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable.

I have had friends go who liked it equally as much, albeit we all agree its not as good as 'Fogo Vivo' in Bangkok if you have ever been there.

Highly recommended.

YL

YL, brilliant. I was curious as to how exactly the term 'Brazilian' was being implimented but it sounds like a churrascaria set up which Fogo Vivo is although I have yet to visit. Tell me one more thing please. Do they bring such things as chicken / sausages first then work up the quality of meats finishing with the superior cuts as per true churrascaria?

Thanks a lot

Hi.... unfortunately they don't, which sets them aside from the real quality Brazilian restaurants I have been to in the past. But don't let put you off!

The steak (I was assured) was Australian, not sure about the rest. They aren't big cuts, what they do is bring the bbq skewer to your table and they give you as much of the meat as you wish but in small pieces.

Its great value for money, particularly if you are a big eater!

Hi

I have been a couple of times and really liked it.... They offer a set menu, with salad and/or soups to start and then a big selection grilled meats/fish, following by a selection of deserts. The restaurant give you a light for your table, if you leave it flashing they keep bringing the meats/fish until you stop it. The portions of meat/fish aren't huge but varied; I had steak, beef, lamb, pork, chicken, prawns, squid, salmon and swordfish! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable.

I have had friends go who liked it equally as much, albeit we all agree its not as good as 'Fogo Vivo' in Bangkok if you have ever been there.

Highly recommended.

YL

OK, so I just need a dinner mate, with a huge appitite, preferably on the Atkins Diet (that would be me, too).

I lived in Peru for a while, and although they didn't have Brazilian style churrascarias, they did have the Argentine iterations.

The Brazilian style, when the waiters circulate to the tables, offering freshly grilled meats, often on a large sword, is marvellous fun, and great food theatre.....

McG

Edited by mcgriffith

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I went to Rio last night and had a great time. The resto has a trendy decor; service was excellent; brazilian music and the couple of dancers bouncing around the dining room created a fun atmosphere.

The food was very good. I was slightly disappointed to find out that they did not have any bbq prawns. But overall, food, service and ambience made it an enjoyable evening.

The 2 for 1 promotion definitely did the trick, and the price also includes a glass of house wine :o

I was also there last night and although I thoroughly agree with the comment regarding decor and dancers I found the food to be lacking. The beef was certainly Thai and there was not a premium choice of anything on show which was illustrated when we were served squid but as stated not a sign of a prawn in the place and this was followed by mackerel which has always been a fish to avoid but of course others taste will differ. One other thing that was missing was rock salt which for BBQ is an absolute must but again that is just my personal ideal.

Talking to Sak the restaurant manager, who came across as an excellent bloke, he is aware that they are still lacking in certain areas and he did advise they have improvements planned and also commented that there will be future discounts on offer but these were in the planning stage.

Well it's not Brazilian and it's not a steak house despite the name but they have apparently found a niche as the place was packed by 9 and Sak did advise that reservations are certainly required weekends.

• 4 weeks later...