My Maid Quit Today, And I Can't Figure Out Why...

Weho

i am not sure if the jealous husband idea is right as her salary was not a problem for 2 years; so why should it suddenly be a problem now?

if u got some way of getting in touch, call her and ask her. u've got me curious too. :o

anything that has changed in ur household recently? could even be a problem with someone else in the vicinity.

THIS IS THE KEY question for me: do I try to contact her, and ask "why", or do I just forget it, as others have told me to? Some said "you don't want to interfere with Thais when they decide something"... Does it seem like a Thai could be re-convinced to re-think the situation? Or should I really just forget it, cause they have already decided what they want to do?

Once she is gone, she is gone. Simply find another, an easy task to do.

Dr. B

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I have never even remotely made any kind of sexual "pass" as this maid... never even crossed my mind... but I am home alone with her most of the day, every day... maybe the husband doesn't like that...

Also, now I'm thinking... there are guards outside the gate at night, and when I come back late at night, I usually stop at a market and bring them bags of peanuts, cold drinks, sometimes a candy bar, raisins, etc... Once in a while, I'll hand them a small amount of money, like 20 baht... is this wrong too? Am I action like some farang flashing money?

Lastly, I appreciate all the previous replies, helping shed light on this matter, that I am now realizing I knew so little about.

You really are too nice with everybody.

You should move and start a new life at a new place, and do not give any free stuff to anybody except when they do somehing special for you or something bad as a death happen in their family.

Seems like Thai do not know how to handle gifts.

Edited by frenchFARANGbkk