Congratulations To Our New Cm Supermoderators.

Austhaied

Ahh guys - gee thanks

And I would like to thank the following people who helped to make it all possible ...........................

Oh and traditionally the person who first offers up their congratulations on these occassions buys the drinks the next Friday at Tuskers. The person who posts next helps settle the bill.

Everyone after that just gets to drink for free :o

CB

Just a question...

You know on the X-Files everybody was a Special Agent, not an Agent a Special Agent. How come every moderator in this place is a Super-Moderator, not a Moderator, but a Super-Moderator ?

Some could tell you the truth, the truth is out there, but due to forum rules we are all on double secret probation and not allowed to divulge such truths about the moderators without risking exile.

No mystery, really.

Moderators work on specific forums.

Super Moderators have access to, and work on all forums in Thai Visa.

We have both Moderators and Super Moderators currently.

Uh, see you on Farming, Buddhist and Pattaya.......?!? :o

I know I only have relatively few posts on here, but I am on TV every day. How do I get to moderator status? I have free time and would love to help moderating the CM board. Not interested in SUPER moderator, as I dont really read much of the other threads.

Anyone?

Can I join the elite?

Phil

How do I get to moderator status? I have free time and would love to help moderating the CM board. Not interested in SUPER moderator, as I dont really read much of the other threads.

It's by invitation by admin. Currently these are the Chiangmai Forum leaders:

* Chiangmai Forum

Forum Led by: sabaijai, tuky, p1p, Tywais

Chiangmai forum is so well behaved that we don't have to work very hard. :o

How do I get to moderator status? I have free time and would love to help moderating the CM board. Not interested in SUPER moderator, as I dont really read much of the other threads.

It's by invitation by admin. Currently these are the Chiangmai Forum leaders:

* Chiangmai Forum

Forum Led by: sabaijai, tuky, p1p, Tywais

Chiangmai forum is so well behaved that we don't have to work very hard. :D

So is that a no? :o

I know I only have relatively few posts on here, but I am on TV every day. How do I get to moderator status? I have free time and would love to help moderating the CM board. Not interested in SUPER moderator, as I dont really read much of the other threads.

Anyone?

Can I join the elite?

Phil

go on the nights out...

Just a question...

You know on the X-Files everybody was a Special Agent, not an Agent a Special Agent. How come every moderator in this place is a Super-Moderator, not a Moderator, but a Super-Moderator ?

The prefix super can be many things, choose the one you feel most apt. Superable, superb, supercillious, super-duper, superficial,superfluous,superior, superlative,or even superiority complex, can you add anymore? :o

Anyone?

Can I join the elite?

Phil

I have been asked twice to become a moderator. Both times I said no because I wasn't interested in being a guy who is into rules, and the fact that most (if not all) of the mods are the kind of people who take themselves way too seriously, doing things like deleting posts for no good reason and playing power games with others....

Edited by Ajarn

Anyone?

Can I join the elite?

Phil

Ambition is a very fine thing MM, and much to be admired.

Unfortunately I'm one of life's privates, occasionally promoted due to seniority alone, but always busted back to private after the next pay night booze up. :o

Anyone?

Can I join the elite?

Phil

I have been asked twice to become a moderator. Both times I said no because I wasn't interested in being a guy who is into rules, and the fact that most (if not all) of the mods are the kind of people who take themselves way too seriously, doing things like deleting posts for no good reason and playing power games with others....

I agree, a little consistency wouldn't go amiss either. But give a man a whistle. :o

Just a question...

The prefix super can be many things, choose the one you feel most apt. Superable, superb, supercillious, super-duper, superficial,superfluous,superior, superlative,or even superiority complex, can you add anymore? :o

Super is a prefix simply meaning "above" or "more than" all the words you have used above simply merely use super in that format.

From our point of view the only change between being a Moderator and Super moderator is range. As a mod we are limited to a set of particular forums but as a super mod we are able to cover all of them. It is much better from a board point of view becuase as a mod if we see something that we think is inappropriate in a forum outside of our own we can only report it in the same way as any other user. As a super mod we can address it on the spot. Quicker and more efficient use of available resources.

Both McGriff and I are happy with being made moderators and now super moderators but the real purpose of being one is to help make the board a great place for the members. Some members think that the main role of the moderator is to suspend or ban members. In reality no moderator, super or not can ban a member. We make a recommendation to Admin with the post and ask them to make a decision based on past performance and the actual post. As the title says our role is to moderate the forum ie choose a middle path between the extremes and to ensure everyone can have their say. Many times as a moderator we will step in to calm the waters even if we personally agree with the poster.

Remember all moderators were and still are members of Thai Visa - we are trying to ensure that the board continues to be popular and successful. If you have a question about anything we do then you should send a PM either to the individual mod or to another one. The mods will explain their actions if you ask them politely but the forum rules do not allow any discussion of individual moderators or their actions in the open forum. That rule applies to the mods as well so we aren't exempt.

regards

CB

Moderators work on specific forums.

Super Moderators have access to, and work on all forums in Thai Visa.

The default board title is actually "Global Moderator" so perhaps that will make it more clear as to the function.

Super definately sounds a bit gay. I presumed it was some kind of code. :o

Looks very like some bad blood in here somewhere. Or maybe that should read BS.

Many congratulations to CB and McS for joining the band of the "elite" volunteer workers on TV. Your contributions have never failed to be worthwhile, unlike some others. You truly deserve the recognition.

Many congratulations to CB and McS for joining the band of the "elite" volunteer workers on TV. Your contributions have never failed to be worthwhile, unlike some others. You truly deserve the recognition.

Absolutely, couldn't have said it better. :D

Many times as a moderator we will step in to calm the waters even if we personally agree with the poster

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\FunnyPart_com_superhero_dogs.jpg

As in animal behavior: when tension goes up between two dogs, often a third one will go right in between them to split them up ... :o:D

Nienke

I think this is probably enough discussion about moderation issues and who should or should not be a moderator. Suffice it to say, after a requirement has been noted, the invitation comes from Admin, after extensive consultation amongst the moderating and admintrating team.

Congratulations to Crow Boy and Mc G. You are a valuable addition to our team.

I am now closing this thread.