Thai Language Teachers

murni

Does anyone know if there are any good teachers in Doi Saket or Bo Sang?

Preferable some one who will come to the house.

Again thanks in advance.

Post an ad at http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds/

I guarantee you will get many responses. I did. Price varies from 100-300 baht per hour.

And don't forget, just because it's one's native language, doesn't mean one is good at teaching it... :o

• 4 months later...

Again thanks in advance.

I guarantee you will get many responses. I did. Price varies from 100-300 baht per hour.

And don't forget, just because it's one's native language, doesn't mean one is good at teaching it... :o

I dredged up this thread while trying to find info on Thai language teachers in CM and took note of Ajarn's point above.

Can someone please tell me what one looks for when selecting a good Thai language teacher? I really don't know where to start.

Again thanks in advance.

And don't forget, just because it's one's native language, doesn't mean one is good at teaching it... :D

I dredged up this thread while trying to find info on Thai language teachers in CM and took note of Ajarn's point above.

Can someone please tell me what one looks for when selecting a good Thai language teacher? I really don't know where to start.

I was just thinking about putting in another ad there...

I've gone through 3 or 4 teachers since then. One talked way too fast, and his enunciation wasn't clear enough.... One was 20, a student, waaay too sexy, and she came on too hot and heavy with this not-handsome retired Ajarn, and he got scared of this ATM Hunter. Sayonara Baby... :D

Another figured copying off a few pages of student assignments would suffice for her teaching investment....

I think my screening process could do with bit of work :o

Part of my problem has been my location vs the alleged teacher's location, Most seem to be around the cmu area and don't want to travel out to Mae Jo road.

On the phone, first I tell them upfront where I live. If they're okay with that, I ask about paid experience teaching Thai, for a start. If they give me a fairly confident response, that can count even more than experience... I go by gut reaction mostly- but not below the gut this time :D

AUA will send someone out for 300+ per hour, but the teacher I wanted (Ajarn Oranute) doesn't do privates, and the one guy available missed two phone appointments with me... That's one thing I'm serious about. Don't waste my time. I'll just move to the next tuk tuk...

So, what's the answer? ###### if I know. :D