Cheap Hotel On Suk?

fennielyn

Does anyone have any recs for a really cheap yet decent hotel/motel on Sukhumvit between Soi 3 - Soi 10? Somewhere between the 500-800baht a night range. Not really asking for much, just a clean room with A/C and private bathroom will suffice. Tried doing a search but most of the recs were from ages ago and thought that maybe someone might have come across a little gem in the past couple of months, hey you never know. :o

Thanks in advance all!

fenn

Does anyone have any recs for a really cheap yet decent hotel/motel on Sukhumvit between Soi 3 - Soi 10? Somewhere between the 500-800baht a night range. Not really asking for much, just a clean room with A/C and private bathroom will suffice. Tried doing a search but most of the recs were from ages ago and thought that maybe someone might have come across a little gem in the past couple of months, hey you never know. :o

Thanks in advance all!

fenn

unico leela, soi 3, should be about 1000-1100 baht. 500-800 is a really tough ask.

Does anyone have any recs for a really cheap yet decent hotel/motel on Sukhumvit between Soi 3 - Soi 10? Somewhere between the 500-800baht a night range. Not really asking for much, just a clean room with A/C and private bathroom will suffice. Tried doing a search but most of the recs were from ages ago and thought that maybe someone might have come across a little gem in the past couple of months, hey you never know.

Thanks in advance all!

fenn

Honey Hotel(Suk 19) and Pinnacle Inn are in that price range but can't vouch for how good they are.Trip advisor has some mixed reviews of Honey Hotel.

I think a hostel is your best bet. Have read good reviews about the hostel at Suk 25; very new with a pizza place downstairs. Also had a friend stay at Suk 22 at the Honey Guest House (too many honeys). :o

Here's a link to hostels in Bangkok.

http://www.hostelz.com/hostels/Thailand/Sp...Nakhon)/Bangkok

Edited by mauiguy90

Not in that area, but Ratchada Inn on Ratchada Soi 3 is ~600bt/night (or 300bt for 3 hours :o ). Only 45bht taxi from lower Suk, or 1 stop on BTS to Asok, then 2 stops on MRT to Rama 9. They have a large banner outside with pictures of the rooms, which look pretty swank, but who knows. I'm going to be investigating it a bit further this week since I have a friend coming to town. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post an update with my impressions of the place.

Not in that area, but Ratchada Inn on Ratchada Soi 3 is ~600bt/night (or 300bt for 3 hours :o ). Only 45bht taxi from lower Suk, or 1 stop on BTS to Asok, then 2 stops on MRT to Rama 9. They have a large banner outside with pictures of the rooms, which look pretty swank, but who knows. I'm going to be investigating it a bit further this week since I have a friend coming to town. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post an update with my impressions of the place.

Hi surface,

I'd love to know more about what you've managed to find out about this place. Sounds just about right price-wise.

Thanks all for the recs, sawadee.com and asiarooms.com have always been reliable for me when it comes to honest reviews. I've always stayed at the skankiest of places, let's just say it's somewhere on Soi nana, no it's not nana hotel. =p But it's infested with roaches (these critters are HUGE and come out to play every night without fail) and I'm just not in the mood to do battle with them this time around.

The Miami Hotel (thaimiami.com) on Sukhumvit soi 13 has recently quoted 800 Tb/day. Also, the Business Inn, across from the Grand Business Inn, on Sukhumvit soi 11 (or maybe soi 11/1) has me reserved for next week at 600 Tb/.

I stayed at the Business Inn for a few nights, and went by the Miami to take a look at the rooms. Neither are places I would consider staying in (again). If you must be in the area and are choosing from those two, the Miami has nicer rooms from what I saw (bring a can of Raid with you to the Business Inn), but the pool there was not usable.

If you are staying for more than a few days you can do much better than either of those two places if you don't mind getting out of the immediate area, or if you must be around there look at your budget again and see if you can squeeze in some more money for you room. Personally, clean beds and sheets, no foul smells, elevators that don't like they haven't been worked on this century, and no roaches are worth a few extra baht or a short taxi/BTS ride to me.

Edited by surface

I hear ya! Darn those cockroaches!!!!!! Like I don't have to deal with them enough on the streets...they've got to toy with me and my rabid fear of them even while I'm at rest. =( So there's no reprieve from them in low-budget hotels then I guess. :o Waaaaaaaaaaah

Will be staying for a lil over 2 weeks and don't want to spend on lodging.......and I don't even want amenities like pool and internet or cable tv. Just a roach-less room is all. One would think I'm asking for the moon now. :D

I found Suk 11 to be a great place, very clean and great atmosphere. The problem is it's popular and I've only managed to get a room once! They book weeks in advance. And you won't be able to bring a girl home if that's your plan.

I found Suk 11 to be a great place, very clean and great atmosphere. The problem is it's popular and I've only managed to get a room once! They book weeks in advance. And you won't be able to bring a girl home if that's your plan.

That's a rum comment, considering that she's a....girl. :o

The Miami Hotel (thaimiami.com) on Sukhumvit soi 13 has recently quoted 800 Tb/day. Also, the Business Inn, across from the Grand Business Inn, on Sukhumvit soi 11 (or maybe soi 11/1) has me reserved for next week at 600 Tb/.

If this is the Business Inn that I made reservations at early last year, you'll do what I did and immediately turn around and check into the Grand Business Inn and pay the more money. Open doors and Pakistanis yelling and doing business, hot with no windows, it seemed some kind of alternate entrance to the Netherworld. And it's not "across from" the Grand Business Inn. It's in the alley behind GBI. Grand Business Inn was a great room, but the view was a strip of brick outside the window. It nice but too pricey, I wouldn't stay there again.

Seriously, you may want to cancel that reservation if you haven't already paid.

Also, I stopped into the Miami Hotel when I was hotel-hunting, that's another horrible place, it even smelled really bad. Spend a little more and stay somewhere else. If you can't afford it, go when you have a little more money saved so you don't have to live like a derelict!

At one point in 2006 I paid B800/day living day-to-day at Nana Condo, close to Sukhumwit, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Prices might be higher now. Nice big room with sun-room, friendly Thai family runs it.

Also, the Dynasty Inn across from Nana Hotel was nice, clean, I think it was B1,200/night and they wouldn't give me a long-term discount.

I hear ya! Darn those cockroaches!!!!!! Like I don't have to deal with them enough on the streets...they've got to toy with me and my rabid fear of them even while I'm at rest. =( So there's no reprieve from them in low-budget hotels then I guess. :o Waaaaaaaaaaah

Will be staying for a lil over 2 weeks and don't want to spend on lodging.......and I don't even want amenities like pool and internet or cable tv. Just a roach-less room is all. One would think I'm asking for the moon now. :D

First Prize for roaches might go to the Nana Business Inn, across from the seedy-@ss Rajah Hotel. Checked in, jet lag, woke up at 0200, turned on the bathroom light: OH MY GOD!! Really impressive, the floor and walls were almost covered with them!

There is a small hotel down Suk 4. As you walk past Nana plaza coming from suk rd on the same side of the st as the plaza, keep walking untill you see the 7-11 on the opposite side of the st.

there is a small soi turn left into it walk about 50 meters at the end you will see the "White Orchid Hotel". 550baht single room up to 800baht for a double room. I think its much nicer than Nana hotel and a bonus it its cheaper, the people are nicer and is a lot cleaner. I use to stay at Nana hotel all the time on my trip to BKK but since I found this place I have never gone back to Nana hotel since.

You should be able to get a room at The Suckhumvit Crown Hotel, Soi 6-8, for 900-1000 (tell them no breakfeast)... I think this is as good and cheap AS you will get in this area... The hotel is OK, and it is a well hidden "catch". 0066 22535674 [email protected]

You can also check out The Siam Smile Bar, Soi 7/1... It is run by a Norwegian, Nice bar and nice girls, but the Soi can be a little noisy...but if you do not go to bed to early that does not matter.....

Spoke to the receptionist at Ratchada Resort on soi 3, wasn't able to get a discount for > week stay, but will go back and ask to speak with manager. Prices are cheap enough, but the 600 baht rooms are the lovers rooms aparently which you can see on their website. Regular rooms are 800 baht for standard and 900 baht for deluxe. Depending on when you are coming, you may want to call and book soon since the receptionist mentioned the prices going up too 1,100 baht in December, for the high season I guess.

http://www.ratchadaresortandspahotel.com/

On the positive side if you have other guests in your room (roaches) perhaps you could catch them and sell them to the bug cart lady, thus lessen the cost of the room. :D

Uh...then you do not understand the true extent of my fear. I am known to use up an entire can of insecticide in a week and never dared to even pick up the bloody creatures when they're dead on their back. ;p Are ye offering to help? :o

There is a small hotel down Suk 4. As you walk past Nana plaza coming from suk rd on the same side of the st as the plaza, keep walking untill you see the 7-11 on the opposite side of the st.

there is a small soi turn left into it walk about 50 meters at the end you will see the "White Orchid Hotel". 550baht single room up to 800baht for a double room. I think its much nicer than Nana hotel and a bonus it its cheaper, the people are nicer and is a lot cleaner. I use to stay at Nana hotel all the time on my trip to BKK but since I found this place I have never gone back to Nana hotel since.

Yea, I've walked past the White Orchid and actually all the other lil inns down Soi 4 when I was desperate the last time...lol. I'll have to look into it again, so...no roaches right? :o

Spoke to the receptionist at Ratchada Resort on soi 3, wasn't able to get a discount for > week stay, but will go back and ask to speak with manager. Prices are cheap enough, but the 600 baht rooms are the lovers rooms aparently which you can see on their website. Regular rooms are 800 baht for standard and 900 baht for deluxe. Depending on when you are coming, you may want to call and book soon since the receptionist mentioned the prices going up too 1,100 baht in December, for the high season I guess.

So they're willing to give a discount for a stay that's longer than a week? How much are we talking about here? :o Merci beaucoup!

So they're willing to give a discount for a stay that's longer than a week? How much are we talking about here? :o Merci beaucoup!

In the recent past I have stayed at a place called Thuang Thong House located at 21 Sukhumvit Soi 11. Its located up a small alley almost across the street from Grand President Apartments. You get 2 room apartment (bedroom & sitting room/kitchen) with aircon for 800-900 a day depending on length of stay. Owner was always willing to talk about rate based on length of stay, you or she pay the electric and if you want laundry included. Price may be higher to newbies but not sure. She always gave good rate to repeat customers. Most important the place is always clean and its a great place to stay with decent location.

Edited by ballbreaker

In the recent past I have stayed at a place called Thuang Thong House located at 21 Sukhumvit Soi 11. Its located up a small alley almost across the street from Grand President Apartments. You get 2 room apartment (bedroom & sitting room/kitchen) with aircon for 800-900 a day depending on length of stay. Owner was always willing to talk about rate based on length of stay, you or she pay the electric and if you want laundry included. Price may be higher to newbies but not sure. She always gave good rate to repeat customers. Most important the place is always clean and its a great place to stay with decent location.

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely check it out. I'm arriving like really late, almost 11pm by the time I clear customs and get lugguage. =( And since I'm prone to doing things very last minute, will not being booking anything in advance. :o