Atm Machines

Rigsby

The Bangkok Bank is (presumably) the biggest bank in Thailand but here in Pattaya (at least) it seems to have the least number of ATM machines. The one in Tukcom has been out of order for well over a week and the one outside RGP (2nd Rd entrance) is the same. It would be good to have list of locations of all banks ATM machines in and around Pattaya whether they be outside a bank or elsewhere. If this info is available please let me know - if it isn't, I'll start off with Bangkok Bank ATMs I know about :-

Main Bank (opp VC Hotel, 2nd Road)

Main Bank (opp Soi 6, 2nd Road)

Main Bank (Naklua)

Exchange on Beach Rd just before Royal Garden Plaza

Tukcom (Ground floor)

Rear of RGP (2nd Rd entrance)

Branch in Festival Center (North Pattaya)

Im not sure how it works with Bangkok Bank but many banks have agreements with other banks where you can use their ATM's. Check with a Bangkok Bank office if you can use ATM's from another bank and if that will be free or with a fee.

Why do you care ? every Thai ATM takes every Thai card :o

Naka.

The thing is there is usually a fee involved, not very large but still an additional cost. If I use my Bangkok Kasikorn ATM card in Pattaya I think it cost me 20Baht to make a withdrawal, if I use my Pattaya Kasikorn card in Pattaya it's free. I think the same thing applies when you use an ATM machine belonging to a different bank, unless they have an agreement.

Why do you care ? every Thai ATM takes every Thai card :o

Naka.

Correct if the only thing you do is withdraw cash!

Most other transactions such as transfers etc require you to use an ATM of your own bank.

True, I forgot about that as I do all those things online.

There must be a cash slot on my computer somewhere, but dashed if I can find it :D

Naka.

The Bangkok Bank is (presumably) the biggest bank in Thailand but here in Pattaya (at least) it seems to have the least number of ATM machines. The one in Tukcom has been out of order for well over a week and the one outside RGP (2nd Rd entrance) is the same. It would be good to have list of locations of all banks ATM machines in and around Pattaya whether they be outside a bank or elsewhere. If this info is available please let me know - if it isn't, I'll start off with Bangkok Bank ATMs I know about :-

Main Bank (opp VC Hotel, 2nd Road)

Main Bank (opp Soi 6, 2nd Road)

Main Bank (Naklua)

Exchange on Beach Rd just before Royal Garden Plaza

Tukcom (Ground floor)

Rear of RGP (2nd Rd entrance)

Branch in Festival Center (North Pattaya)

Here's a couple more:

Tops Supermarket near entry door at 2nd road

Carrerfour ground floor near toilet and upstairs at branch x 2

Soi Buakhou opposite Family Mart near soi PP, just a ATM in the wall

Edited by bmanly

I think you will find that they all have a fee for use outside the province they were issued in. I have a Siam Commercial account in Pattaya and another in Loei. Using the Loei card in Pattaya costs 20 baht and vice versa. Using other bank in the same province has no fee.

I'm not sure if i'm understanding this thread properly, but I know that it seems like many of the 7-11's have ATM machines in front of them. Maybe Family Mart does too... not sure about the 108 Minimart stores... Not sure if anyone else has made this observation... So why not just go from convenience store to convenience store, and see if I'm right.

Oh, and I think many of these so-called "convenience" stores also sell cigarettes... so if you want to get cancer, AND get ATM cash, you could do it all with just one stop.

And about ten years ago, I was on a Thai Airways flight to Chiang Rai, and the president of the Bangkok Bank was on the plane... (I had upgraded to business class for something like $10 at that time and he was there with his entourage)... and I saw the guy at my hotel, the Meridien Golden Triangle, which I think has a new name now... Hope this info helps...

If I use my Pattaya Kasikorn card in BKK I pay 20 baht to withdraw 20,000. If I use Bangkok Bank in BKK I pay up to 38 baht to withdraw 25,000.

In Pattaya I don't pay to withdraw from Kasikorn ATMs but am pretty sure I pay all other banks. So its good that there's now so many Kasikorn ATMs in Pattaya. It's an excellent bank - have been using it for over 20 years without a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

A new Bangkok Bank ATM at the top of Soi 21 (PP Body) on Third Road in the wall of a Kodak Shop.

Saw one at the top of walking street (Around Soi 16) the other month when bar hopping.

MOBILE PHONE TOP-UP: I use the BBL ATM to top-up my Happy pre-pay account. [Follow prompts: Other option - pay bills - mobile - happy]. I pay for 800 baht and DTAC give me 900 baht. So I get a 100 baht extra and no scratching of cards and keying in the serial numbers. WONDERFUL SERVICE!

Thanks everyone for the replies. To summarize, these are some locations of BKK Bank ATMs in Pattaya to date :-

• Main Bank (opp VC Hotel, 2nd Road)
  • Main Bank (opp Soi 6, 2nd Road)
  • Micro branches of BKK Bank
  • Main Bank (Naklua)
  • Exchange on Beach Rd just before Royal Garden Plaza
  • Tukcom (Ground floor)
  • Rear of RGP (2nd Rd entrance)
  • Branch in Festival Center (North Pattaya)
  • Carrefour central Pattaya ground & first floors
  • Tesco Lotus - Sukhumvit South Pattaya
  • Tesco Lotus - North Pattaya Road
  • Soi 8 (Beach side) - Outside a shop
  • Tops Supermarket near entry door at 2nd road
  • Soi Buakhou opposite Family Mart near Soi PP
  • Top of Soi 21 (PP Body) on Third Road in the wall of a Kodak Shop.
  • Top of Walking Street (Around Soi 16)
  • Big C - South Pattaya

Thanks Grahamhc.....keep 'em comin'.

Plus I saw another one yesterday....(Soi Kopai/Soi 1 (South Pattaya - Outside a 7/11)

So far - BKK Bank ATMs.......

• Main Bank (opp VC Hotel, 2nd Road)
  • Main Bank (opp Soi 6, 2nd Road)
  • Micro branches of BKK Bank
  • Main Bank (Naklua)
  • Exchange on Beach Rd just before Royal Garden Plaza
  • Tukcom (Ground floor)
  • Rear of RGP (2nd Rd entrance)
  • Branch in Festival Center (North Pattaya)
  • Carrefour central Pattaya ground & first floors
  • Tesco Lotus - Sukhumvit South Pattaya
  • Tesco Lotus - North Pattaya Road
  • Soi 8 (Beach side) - Outside a shop
  • Tops Supermarket near entry door at 2nd road
  • Soi Buakhou opposite Family Mart near Soi PP
  • Top of Soi 21 (PP Body) on Third Road in the wall of a Kodak Shop.
  • Top of Walking Street (Around Soi 16)
  • Big C - South Pattaya
  • Soi Kopai/Soi 1 (South Pattaya - Outside a 7/11)
  • Pattaya Klang / Second Road NORTH SIDE, almost opposite the Kasikorn bank, in a shop window.