U.k Passport For My 6 Month Old Baby

I am married to a Thai and we have a baby girl now 6 months old and want to take both to U.K. for a holiday. I also want to apply for Thai and British passports and need to know the potential problems and paperwork that is necessary before application for both Thai and British embassies. I ntend going next summer so when should I start to do this?

I got a passport for my english/thai baby when he was only 3 months old. I needed copies of all 3 birth certificates, (in english) plus a passport application and photographs for the baby. It was done in 30 minutes and they sent the passport by post 15 days later. I have yet to get a thai passport but i believe that takes no time at all. I will be doing this when i go home in January and will let you know in more detail then.

Double check the translated birth certificate. My baby was 10 years old according to the paperwork. Thankfully the embassy guy was decent enough to change the date by hand without me having to go for a reprint.

I got a passport for my english/thai baby when he was only 3 months old. I needed copies of all 3 birth certificates, (in english) plus a passport application and photographs for the baby. It was done in 30 minutes and they sent the passport by post 15 days later. I have yet to get a thai passport but i believe that takes no time at all. I will be doing this when i go home in January and will let you know in more detail then.

Double check the translated birth certificate. My baby was 10 years old according to the paperwork. Thankfully the embassy guy was decent enough to change the date by hand without me having to go for a reprint.

I wont have a problem with the baby or my birth certificate but Im not sure about my wifes as she has not got one and she says she was born in the house not in hospital. She will have to talkto her parents as she hasnt needed one up till now. Thanks for the info now I may be able to do this if I can sort out a birth cert . for the wife. What about bio-metric photos as I think they are required now?

See also Documents required when applying for a Thai passport. Assuming that your wife is Thai and over 20, then her Thai birth certificate is not required for her or her daughter's Thai passports.

I am not concerned about the Thai passport but the British one for the baby and I dont have a Long birth certificate so I must assume that I will have to send for one. Im not sure if my wife will have to go to Satahip for a replacement or can she do it locally (Banglamung)

If you are British and your wife is Thai, then your daughter will be claiming her British citizenship because of you, and only you. Your wife's Thai nationality and Thai birth certificate should not be relevant to your daughter's claim on British citizenship. Your marriage certificate and your name on your daughter's Thai birth certificate will be more relevant. See also Consular Birth Registration

I wont have a problem with the baby or my birth certificate but Im not sure about my wifes as she has not got one and she says she was born in the house not in hospital. She will have to talkto her parents as she hasnt needed one up till now. Thanks for the info now I may be able to do this if I can sort out a birth cert . for the wife. What about bio-metric photos as I think they are required now?

ive just applied for my baby got the thai one already now im just waiting on the uk passport coming back, all you need for your wife is her thai passport if shes not got one get her it no worries 1000 baht