Importing goods frrom uk

meuok

I have to import some personal effects (maybe a quarter of a 20 foot container) from UK (SE port) to Laem Chabang. Can any readers give advice if this is better arranged from Thailand or UK, and if so recommend any particular shippers.

Meuk,

Depends, You can arrange at both ends, Best to prepay your move. If you need your P/FX in a hurry i would suggest airfreight. However if it is too large for airfreight and you are prepared to wait upto 1 month for shipment time then i would say shipping them is your cheapest option. I wouldn't go to a container line direct as they tend only to deal with the full loads, I would use an International Forwarder who will handle the full monty for your door to door !! These guys would do the booking/packing/delivery even prepare the Bill of Lading for you, There are thousands of fwdrs who have offices in Thailand & UK, I work for the 2nd biggest shipping line in the world P&O Nedlloyd and we do have a Logisitics division who could arrange this move for you, We would ship from Southampton to either Bangkok or Laem Chabang, Website is www.ponl.com and look for ponl Global Logistics, However you should shop around try people like Schenker/Panalpina/Kuehne & Nagel/ Atlantic forwarding who all will have divisions in BKK. These guys would use a host of shipping lines and will shop around to get the best price for you.

Chok Dii !!   :o

Thanks Daz Daz,

Meuok,

If needed, The contact person if needed is on the the following link,

http://www.ponlogistics.com/ponlogi....on_page

Office address,

18th Floor, Empire Tower

195 South Sathorn Road,  Yannawa

Sathorn, Bangkok   10120  Thailand

Tel (662) 6156888 Fax (662) 6156853

Laem Chabang Branch

75/60-61 Moo 10, Sukhumvit Road,