Brit/thai Up Date On Our Move To Live And Work In Spain.

To start I want to give a very big thank you to the Scouser without his help we would still be doing paperwork in Thailand.

I am a British and have been living and working in Spain for some years then I went to Thailand where I met and married my wife, after a year our daughter was born. We decided we would like to visit Spain and maybe stay and work there again, as I had kept my Spanish ID card and had a place in Spain it felt like a good place to return to.

We applied for a visa for my wife and got one for 90 days with little fuss from the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok, my daughter did not need one as she has a UK passport.

With in the first few days I again registered as self employed (cost of this is 208euros per month for social security) with my Gestor. Then renewed my ID card (that is now a document with an NIE number on it) at the police national and got an NIE number for my daughter at the same time.

Then it was off to the Social Security office with marriage certificate, passports and NIE documents in hand to register my daughter so she can get medical etc.

Now my Gestor is preparing and filling a form for me to take to the foreigners department in Cadiz next week so she can apply for a family permit.

This part will I am told take's about three months to process, but once we hand in the forms and supporting documents she will get a document back that will I am told allow her to stay in Spain (even if her visa runs out). Then she will be issued the family permit along with her NIE number, and she to will be able to get her medical etc.

Hope it all goes to plan, again thanks Scouse Just wish we had a bit of Thai sun today. :o