Booking Flights/hotels Online

naka

Having lived in Thailand for many years, I have booked many flights and hotels

on a good number of Thai websites ... for destinations both in Thailand and it's neighbours.

Today, after beating the bejeesus out of my keyboard for four hours I finally gave up on

trying to book a flight/hotel in northern China.

The websites I logged into wanted soooo much personal information ...

I was waiting for them to ask if I had been "snipped"

I gave up ... No China holiday again ... ever !

Oh, and I've been there six times :o ... quite apart from HK.

NaKA.

on a good number of Thai websites ... for destinations both in Thailand and it's neighbours.

Today, after beating the bejeesus out of my keyboard for four hours I finally gave up on

The websites I logged into Can you be more specific? wanted soooo much personal information ...

NaKA.

Perhaps this should be moved to the travel forum - the OP may get a better response.

The websites I logged into Can you be more specific? wanted soooo much personal information ...

NaKA.

Perhaps this should be moved to the travel forum - the OP may get a better response.

Or maybe to China..tee hee. :D

• 16 years later...

GO ON HOLIDAY ONLINE
Vacation ruined: When Booking.com shows its dark side
The European Consumer Centre’s practice shows that the booking platform can still cause customers a lot of headaches

Disappointing Experience with Booking.com

Rewies of Booking.com from Trustpilot

Source:

https://at.trustpilot.com/review/www.booking.com

Warning about booking.com fraud
Accommodations cancel bookings and demand external payments!
Criminals on booking.com seem to have discovered a new method of fraud. They offer accommodation with on-site payment and free cancellation. 
If someone books the accommodation, it is canceled shortly afterwards. Outside of the booking.com communication channels, they promise that a new booking will be completed after "verification of the payment method". In fact, however, no verification is carried out; instead, a transfer is made directly to the criminals. A booking never takes place.
How does the scam work?
First of all, the criminals advertise accommodation on booking.com . It is difficult to say whether they use phishing to gain access to an originally legitimate account or whether they create a new account . They make the advertised offer very attractive, so that cancellation is free and payment on site is possible. When you book the accommodation, everything works perfectly at first. But soon you get a nasty surprise, because the accommodation cancels the stay via booking.com .

If you now try to contact the accommodation or the accommodation contacts you independently via external communication channels such as WhatsApp or email , you should be careful. The criminals will suddenly claim that the booking was simply cancelled because it was not possible to confirm the payment method. As soon as you do this, the booking will take place as originally planned.

Danger

😉......Be careful! For the alleged verification you will be redirected to fake websites that have nothing to do with booking .com . In a recent example, victims were sent to booking.funds -onlines .com

Source:(German language)

https://www.onlinesicherheit.gv.at/Services/News/Warnung-booking.com-Betrug.html

In English :

Source:

The Dark Side of Online Bookings: Infostealers and Phishing in the Hospitality Industry

https://www.threatspike.com/blogs/dark-side-online-bookings.html