Laptop Video Signal To Sony Bravia

Somtham

All the cousins are in town and want to karaoke. We're trying to take the laptop, running a DOS program called WinaKara, video output signal and input it to a Sony Bravia but not having any luck. We've tried 2 different laptops and the best we can get is the wallpaper extended to the Sony but no desktop, icons, or karaoke.

Here's what cables we've tried so far (laptop ----->Sony):

S-video to S-video

VGA to VGA

S-video to RCA

Lowest laptop setting for resolution is 800x600.

Can anybody advise what we need to do to solve this?

Thanks

If you got the wallpaper extended, just use the mouse to drag the application window across to the Bravia desktop space.

This being a DOS program, there might be some issues with running it fullscreen on the second monitor, though...what you need is "Clone" or "Mirror" mode to display the same picture on both monitors, this setting should be found in your Intel/Nvidia/ATI graphics settings.

If you got the wallpaper extended, just use the mouse to drag the application window across to the Bravia desktop space.

This being a DOS program, there might be some issues with running it fullscreen on the second monitor, though...what you need is "Clone" or "Mirror" mode to display the same picture on both monitors, this setting should be found in your Intel/Nvidia/ATI graphics settings.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how to drag the application to the Bravia space. Using XP and when I go into the Control Panel > Display > Settings the only option I see is checking the box "Extend Desktop to this monitor" but when I do this only the wallpaper shows up and nothing else.

thanks

Got the Acer with an ATI working. Thanks Florin.

My HP notebook works well with my Samsung LCD TV.

I had initial problems due to a poor quality cable.

Make sure you have the Video set up to drive an external monitor,

usually enabled with one of the Function key operations along the top of the laptop keyboard.