Looking 4 Fitness Club ...

bubu

Hi all :o

I am looking for a nice fitness club in Sathorn/Silom/Siam area ... I don't need any courses, only machines ...

Location should be good, atmosphere nice, but price low.

There are many clubs, but I did not find any price information on their websites ...

And one more question: is it true that e. g. California members can sell their membership for e. g. a half year?

And if so, How to do it?

Your answers are very much appreciated :D

if you buy one type of lifetime membership from California wow you also get one or two 6 month memberships which you can give away to whom you wish.

california is considerably cheaper then fitness first or true fitness.

Ah OK, thank you for answering.

My friend from Bangkok told me that one of his friends want to sell his membership for a half year.

Obviously it is something that you are talking about ...

I don't have any information about regular prices for memberships at California,

but I think such a short membership is cheap because my friend told me there are many peoply selling those half-year-memberships.

I will ask him again ...

I had a lot more success bargaining Fitness First [sathorn] down in price, at least to a level acceptable to me. I heard you can get a better deal if you go a few days before the end of the month when they are scrambling to make sales targets. California didn't seem to really want to sell me a membership, they wouldn't bargain much at all. The gym at the Ascott on Sathorn is beautiful but pricey. I enjoy Fitness First Sathorn, most times the equipment I want to use is free and the classes are never full. Right now you can get a 7-day free trial pass if you ask at the front counter.

I had a lot more success bargaining Fitness First [sathorn] down in price, at least to a level acceptable to me. I heard you can get a better deal if you go a few days before the end of the month when they are scrambling to make sales targets. California didn't seem to really want to sell me a membership, they wouldn't bargain much at all. The gym at the Ascott on Sathorn is beautiful but pricey. I enjoy Fitness First Sathorn, most times the equipment I want to use is free and the classes are never full. Right now you can get a 7-day free trial pass if you ask at the front counter.

What is the price that you're paying now for Fitness First?

Sathorn area would be very convenient ...

I have previously had a tough time negotiating the Fitness First price at Sathorn (Q House) down. Things might have changed.

As far as I recall it is around Baht 2500/mth Incl. towel service with the "sign-up fee" and "admin/card fee" negotiated down from a crazy 10k+ to a symbolic 500 Baht - or maybe zero if ready to close the deal right there.

The price will vary depending on period you agree to sign up (12 months monthly rate cheaper than 6 months monthly rate), how you pay (naturally they are eager for auto-payment from your credit card! :o ) and also whether you wish access to other Fitness First gyms or not. (I do believe that with FF Qhouse being a Fitness First PLUS - that it covers all other centers - but check if important).

Asked them what the PLUS means (can't mean pool, as FF Qhouse do not have....) and they answered; that they had hot yoga :D.

That said; the Ascott gym is by far the finest I have seen in BKK, but pricey (you pay a yearly fee AND a monthly fee adding up to about 40-50k/year depending on your promotion) - so leaving that out I would pick FF anytime despite maybe being able to get it at half the price or so at California Silom(CS). CS is overcrowded, and with a silly slim layout where one have to take elevator/stairs to go from one area to the next. Also the showers are dirty and the place is overcrowded at peak.

For 1 day passes it is often worth to check with the hotels - as they are used to these kind of clients. Price will vary depending on hotel class but will generally be in the 500-600 Baht range and include towels and pool access.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Lowest price 2000?

Is this really the lowest price for a membership in Bangkok's fitness clubs?

Hi all :o

I am looking for a nice fitness club in Sathorn/Silom/Siam area ... I don't need any courses, only machines ...

Location should be good, atmosphere nice, but price low.

There are many clubs, but I did not find any price information on their websites ...

And one more question: is it true that e. g. California members can sell their membership for e. g. a half year?

And if so, How to do it?

Your answers are very much appreciated :D

LH Building ...

Does anybody knows about prices or name of the gym in LH Bank building at MRT Lumphini?

Or what about the hotel or condo near Banyan Tree ... I walked along the street and saw that they have a gym ...

I think I would prefer hotel gym, not gym like California ... but I am not sure if I could get a "membership" for less than 2000 ...

Ascott ... I visited the website of Ascott ... I think the hotel that I saw at Sathorn is the Ascott.

Do they offer memberships for gym only?

LH Building ...

Does anybody knows about prices or name of the gym in LH Bank building at MRT Lumphini?

Or what about the hotel or condo near Banyan Tree ... I walked along the street and saw that they have a gym ...

I think I would prefer hotel gym, not gym like California ... but I am not sure if I could get a "membership" for less than 2000 ...

cascadeclubandspa.com is the website of Ascott's gym ...

I already asked for information, but no reply yet ...

It looks rather promising ... and nice.

Ascott ... I visited the website of Ascott ... I think the hotel that I saw at Sathorn is the Ascott.

LH Building ...

They answered ... 1 month 7000 baht, three months 15000 baht ... this is cheap :o

cascadeclubandspa.com is the website of Ascott's gym ...

I already asked for information, but no reply yet ...

It looks rather promising ... and nice.

LH Building ...

• 7 months later...

I went to the California Wow at Silom recently on my way home and asked for membership details... 5000 baht for 1 month, you can attend ALL classes (fitness, yoga, etc) - although I was mainly looking for yoga - OR 5000 baht for 1 month for the strictly yoga program (different from the former). The girl said they had a "promo" for 3500 baht if I join now.

After the sales pitch I said, "Ok, I'll come back tomorrow because I have to think about it."

"No, tomorrow, no promo anymore. Must pay now."

"I don't have any money with me right now, I wasn't prepared."

"Ok, you pay 500 baht deposit."

If they weren't so tacky, I would have considered the rip-off 5000 baht.