1-year multi-visa

What documentation do I need to exit and re-enter with a multi entery visa-1 year? I am on my way to Bangkok 22 July and plan to travel to Burma, Laos, and Cambodia. I am living in Chiang Mai. Will be married in Sept. to a lovely Thai Lady.

I keep looking on the board for something about having to obtain a "tax certificate" when exiting or I will not be allowed re-enter. Did I read this somewhere in the forum?

I already have a one-year multi-entry B-non-immigration visa. Received it from the consulate in Houston, Texas a week ago. It took one hour from the time I presented the application and documentation. The people were friendly and easy to talk with.

I keep looking on the board for something about having to obtain a "tax certificate"

This have not been enforced for over a decade; although the law is probably still on the books and it is still printed on TM6 forms.

On second read see you have "B" visa and speak of not being able to return.  The above law applies to anyone staying more than 90 days or having income not being allowed to depart so not sure if the same as you are thinking about.

hello!

i also have a question regarding the non-im multi-entry B visa that i obtained one month ago. Must i make my first visit within a certain period of time, like 3 months? Or is it possible to postpone my move for 4 months and still be able to use the visa. Also, if this is true, the visa would still expire june 2004, and not be valid for a year from my first entry, right?

thanks,

-jonah

hello!

i also have a question regarding the non-im multi-entry B visa that i obtained one month ago. Must i make my first visit within a certain period of time, like 3 months? Or is it possible to postpone my move for 4 months and still be able to use the visa. Also, if this is true, the visa would still expire june 2004, and not be valid for a year from my first entry, right?

thanks,

-jonah

There is a date on your visa (at least there should be) of when you must use it by. I don't remember what this time period is, but it should be on the visa somewhere.

The one year itself will not begin until you actually enter Thailand.

Another point... those one year multiple entry visas can actually be stretched to work for 15 months. Before the final expiration date on the visa comes, leave one last time and come back. Since you can make as many entries as you want in that time period, you'll receive one last 3 month stamp in the 12th month, giving you an additional 3 months. It is completely legal. However, in those last 3 months, you can not exit and come back again on that multiple entry.

If you leave during the 13th-15th months, you must obtain a new visa.

The one year itself will not begin until you actually enter Thailand.

The one year starts the day the visa is issued.  This is a visa, not a visa stay extension we are talking about (I think).  So he can take up to 364 days from the issue date to enter Thailand on a one year multi entry visa and still get a 90 day stay.

What documentation do I need to exit and re-enter with a multi entery visa-1 year? I am on my way to Bangkok 22 July and plan to travel to Burma, Laos, and Cambodia. I am living in Chiang Mai. Will be married in Sept. to a lovely Thai Lady.

I also live in Chiang Mai, and for the last few years, I've been getting my visa through an Agent in CM for 17,000 baht per year, plus 2,000 every 3 months for the stamps. If you have the money, and want an absolutely painless and legit one-year non-im visa, this is the best way to go. Two pictures, passport, money....that's it. Passport comes back in about two weeks with a visa grom one of the American Thai Consulates

I've travelled in and out of Thailand many times, and nary a second glance at my visa...Even though the actual visa is signed with an American name :o

If you're interested in details, contact me privately. I'll pass on the phone number of the agent

BKK03

It is against the Law for a Passport to leave

a Country without its Owner.

An Agent was caught doing this recently

but I have yet to hear the Outcome for the

Agent and the Owners of the Passports.

Roger

I know some aspects are illegal, like using an agent to do your border crossing(your passport is receiving entry/exit stamps without you), but that's different then sending your passport to another country to get a visa. The first time, I sent it myself to Denver...From the self-addressed fedex envelope I sent with it, it was clear I was not in America..

When the passport returned, I simply left the country and returned. Of course, the new visa was there, and I obviously hadn't been to the States....nary a word from anyone

I don't think this is illegal, but I'm not really sure..I would like to see some better documentation....

You  keep referring to visa runs being illegal via agents, and I've replied already that I'm aware of that...That is not my question...Nothing you have shown even remotely addresses my question..

Can I send my passport to a foreign country for a visa? I belive the answer is yes. but I'm not 100% sure

I've spent the last few hours searching google....The only related item was the fact that all new/replacement passports are sent from the States...One small example of your passport traveling (legally) without you...maybe related to my question, maybe not...

I am 100% sure.

Call the Superintendent at Chiang Mai Immigration tomorrow and ask him if you can send your passport out with Fedex to a Thai Consulate abroad without you applying in person in that country.

He will say that you don't have an exit and entry stamp from Thaoland that matches your travelling.

If he says ok, then I owe you a dinner. Tjing-tjing.

Wen i apply in sweden i dont apply in person, i  just send in the passport and get it back by mail.

so if i was tricky i could send my passport to my father and he then sends it to the embassy and gets it back and sends it to me or?????

i already have an ext but just wanna know, it might be something for the future.

I have enquired about this before through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It is ILLEGAL to send your passport out yourself or by someone else when you are already in your destination country unless for official purposes (usually not including visas).

This is no different than paying someone to send it out for you to get your visa. It may seem different in your eyes, but in the eyes of the government, it's the same thing.

I sincerely hope you don't try it, because it's too easy to notice.

Wen i apply in sweden i dont apply in person, i  just send in the passport and get it back by mail.

When you're in your own country, you can do that. I send mine to El Paso. It comes back overnight. But as long as you're not in your country, your passport is to remain in your possession.

The article posted says that after 6 consecutive tourist visas you must leave for 6 months before applying again. Does this mean before applying for a tourist visa again or a visa of any kind? If I've already done the consecutive tourist visa 4 times, should I get on a NON-IM very soon?

Also, how do you define consecutive? If I leave the country for 2 minutes and come back, obviously I do this 6 times and I'm at the limit. But what if I leave for 2 weeks, 2 months? At what point do they decide that this visa request is not consecutive?

When you're in your own country, you can do that. I send mine to El Paso. It comes back overnight.

"But as long as you're not in your country, your passport is to remain in your possession."

Not really true...Depends on local laws. In most places, carrying a copy is fine...and maybe smarter, too.

Reading the "doomsday scenario" that unfolded for the foreigners caught using an illegal express visa service run by a Patong immigration official - it seems pretty remarkable how light the punishment was.

One night at IDC - admittedly no picnic - then they got an apology, and a 200 baht per day overstay fine.   Assuming that - if their passports were seized during a "virtual visa run" prior to expiring naturally - they only had a day or three of overstay, and we are talking a fine of under 1,000 baht.

--

Edit: Off topic text removed. /Admin

--

Indo-Siam