Sick Golden Retriever

Talisman

This is the problem:

We have a Golden Retriever puppy that’s four months old. Until four days ago, she had been growing like topsy and weighed eighteen kg’s.

Four days ago, she went off her food, became lethargic, and eventually stopped taking water. Now she is pretty much immobile and has stopped passing stools or water. If we try and give her water; she vomits it straight back up. Yesterday there was blood in the vomit.

The local vet has prescribed two unknown tablets, both of which will be useless as they are vomited out within seconds. She had a saline iv yesterday, and I am sending her down for another one shortly. The local vet does not appear to be geared up for any form of surgery, and does not have access to an x-ray machine.

I am a terrier man, and I have no experience of Golden Retrievers, but to me; this is starting to look like a twisted gut, or perhaps an obstruction in the intestine. The dogs is loosing appx 1 kg a day at the moment. I need two pieces of advice from anyone in the know that might be able to help.

Does this diagnosis sound accurate, or am I missing something?

If the dog does require surgery, then I need details of a competent surgeon vet either in Kalasin, Roi Et, or Sakhoon Nakhom.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to advice.

Mark.

This is the problem:

We have a Golden Retriever puppy that’s four months old. Until four days ago, she had been growing like topsy and weighed eighteen kg’s.

Four days ago, she went off her food, became lethargic, and eventually stopped taking water. Now she is pretty much immobile and has stopped passing stools or water. If we try and give her water; she vomits it straight back up. Yesterday there was blood in the vomit.

The local vet has prescribed two unknown tablets, both of which will be useless as they are vomited out within seconds. She had a saline iv yesterday, and I am sending her down for another one shortly. The local vet does not appear to be geared up for any form of surgery, and does not have access to an x-ray machine.

I am a terrier man, and I have no experience of Golden Retrievers, but to me; this is starting to look like a twisted gut, or perhaps an obstruction in the intestine. The dogs is loosing appx 1 kg a day at the moment. I need two pieces of advice from anyone in the know that might be able to help.

Does this diagnosis sound accurate, or am I missing something?

If the dog does require surgery, then I need details of a competent surgeon vet either in Kalasin, Roi Et, or Sakhoon Nakhom.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to advice.

Mark.

There are some local herbs/leaves that can do wonders when having stomac/poisen problems.

Sorry don't have the name, but ask the locals.

If someone can find you the leaves, chrush them and blend with water, and give the dog by using a bottle.

It worked instantly when given to one of my dogs, when she almost died of poisoning.

Also it might help to post in the "plants, pets, and vets in Thailand" forum, where you might get more qualified replies!

Hope it goes well!

I